Attacks Continue Ahead of Provincial Elections in Iraq: 16 Killed
Tuesday: 16 Killed, 35 Wounded
A car bomb exploded at a government office in Abu Ghraib, where it killed three people and wounded seven more. Two soldiers were killed and four more were wounded when gunmen attacked their checkpoint.
A blast in Salah ad Din province killed a counter-terrorism agent and wounded four passersby.
A sticky bomb killed a schoolteacher in Ramadi.
At a Samarra restaurant, gunmen killed a former translator working for U.S. forces.
In Madaen, a roadside bomb targeting a Sunni candidate wounded four bystanders instead.
Military forces in Saniya killed four men who were planting bombings.
A bomb killed one civilian and wounded five others in Hay al-Jihad.
Two people were kidnapped in Tuz.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Dozens of Militants Killed Across Iraq – August 20th, 2014
- ISIS Issues New Threat As 146 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 19th, 2014
- Kurds Are Willing To Talk With Baghdad; 78 Killed Across Iraq – August 18th, 2014
- 186 Killed Across Iraq As Kurds Try To Retake Mosul Dam – August 17th, 2014
- U.S. Airstrikes Target Mosul Dam region; 114 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2014