Attacks Continue Ahead of Provincial Elections in Iraq: 16 Killed
Tuesday: 16 Killed, 35 Wounded
A car bomb exploded at a government office in Abu Ghraib, where it killed three people and wounded seven more. Two soldiers were killed and four more were wounded when gunmen attacked their checkpoint.
A blast in Salah ad Din province killed a counter-terrorism agent and wounded four passersby.
A sticky bomb killed a schoolteacher in Ramadi.
At a Samarra restaurant, gunmen killed a former translator working for U.S. forces.
In Madaen, a roadside bomb targeting a Sunni candidate wounded four bystanders instead.
Military forces in Saniya killed four men who were planting bombings.
A bomb killed one civilian and wounded five others in Hay al-Jihad.
Two people were kidnapped in Tuz.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Execute Civilians in Mosul; 101 Killed Across Iraq – January 19th, 2017
- Operations Wrapping up in Eastern Mosul; 131 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2017
- Bodies Litter Tigris River in Mosul; 39 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2017
- Jonah’s Tomb Captured in Mosul; 50 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Checkpoints in Diyala Province; 184 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2017