Attacks Continue Ahead of Provincial Elections in Iraq: 16 Killed
Tuesday: 16 Killed, 35 Wounded
A car bomb exploded at a government office in Abu Ghraib, where it killed three people and wounded seven more. Two soldiers were killed and four more were wounded when gunmen attacked their checkpoint.
A blast in Salah ad Din province killed a counter-terrorism agent and wounded four passersby.
A sticky bomb killed a schoolteacher in Ramadi.
At a Samarra restaurant, gunmen killed a former translator working for U.S. forces.
In Madaen, a roadside bomb targeting a Sunni candidate wounded four bystanders instead.
Military forces in Saniya killed four men who were planting bombings.
A bomb killed one civilian and wounded five others in Hay al-Jihad.
Two people were kidnapped in Tuz.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mortars Target Civilians in Mosul; 109 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2017
- New Reports of Chemical Weapons in Mosul; 47 Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2017
- 117 Killed in Iraq; ISIS Captures 9 Officers in Mosul – March 20th, 2017
- Civilians Flee Airstrikes in Mosul; 80 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2017
- Another Chemical Attack in Mosul; 28 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2017