Attacks Continue Ahead of Provincial Elections in Iraq: 16 Killed
Tuesday: 16 Killed, 35 Wounded
A car bomb exploded at a government office in Abu Ghraib, where it killed three people and wounded seven more. Two soldiers were killed and four more were wounded when gunmen attacked their checkpoint.
A blast in Salah ad Din province killed a counter-terrorism agent and wounded four passersby.
A sticky bomb killed a schoolteacher in Ramadi.
At a Samarra restaurant, gunmen killed a former translator working for U.S. forces.
In Madaen, a roadside bomb targeting a Sunni candidate wounded four bystanders instead.
Military forces in Saniya killed four men who were planting bombings.
A bomb killed one civilian and wounded five others in Hay al-Jihad.
Two people were kidnapped in Tuz.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Ten Doctors Among 109 Killed Across Iraq – January 27th, 2015
- 215 Killed in Iraq, Including Civilians Executed by Shi’ite Militiamen – January 26th, 2015
- Military Operations, Attacks Across Iraq Leave 692 Killed – January 25th, 2015
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 134 Killed across Iraq – January 24th, 2015
- 82 Killed in Iraq; Peshmerga Shell Central Mosul – January 23rd, 2015