A car bomb exploded at a government office in Abu Ghraib, where it killed three people and wounded seven more. Two soldiers were killed and four more were wounded when gunmen attacked their checkpoint.
A blast in Salah ad Din province killed a counter-terrorism agent and wounded four passersby.
A sticky bomb killed a schoolteacher in Ramadi.
At a Samarra restaurant, gunmen killed a former translator working for U.S. forces.
In Madaen, a roadside bomb targeting a Sunni candidate wounded four bystanders instead.
Military forces in Saniya killed four men who were planting bombings.
A bomb killed one civilian and wounded five others in Hay al-Jihad.
Two people were kidnapped in Tuz.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Dozens of Convicts; 116 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2017
- Shirqat Nearly Liberated; 297 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2017
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017