Tikrit Tanker Bomb Leaves Dozens Killed; Iraq Executes Four on Terrorism Charges
Monday: 46 Killed, 4 Executed, 79 Wounded
On what otherwise would have been a relatively peaceful day, a suicide bomber using a tanker bomb was able to cause a significant amount of casualties at a police base in northern Iraq. Overall, at least 46 Iraqis were killed and 79 more were wounded there and in other violence. Also, while ignoring international scorn, Iraq executed another four people, including a man described as an al-Qaeda leader.
Gunmen assassinated the unit commander at Badush prison in Mosul.
Knife-wielding insurgents attacked several newspaper offices across Baghdad, where they wounded at least four workers.
In Tuz Khormato, gunmen wounded the mayor and two bodyguards.
A bomb at the Ramadi home of the head of the Anbar Salvation Council wounded two bodyguards.
A roadside bomb on a rural highway in Anbar province exploded and wounded a police officer.
A policeman was kidnapped in Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Hundreds Butchered by ISIS, Over A Hundred More Killed By Iraq Gov’t – July 29th, 2014
- 274 Killed Across Iraq As Mosul Residents Defy ISIS – July 28th, 2014
- Bloody Sunday in Iraq: 374 Killed, 78 Wounded – July 27th, 2014
- Sunni Politican Mysteriously Detained; 312 Killed Across Iraq – July 26th, 2014
- Sistani Reiterates Plea For Maliki To Quit; 45 Killed Across Iraq – July 25th, 2014