Although there were few reported attacks, at least 13 Iraqis were killed and 26 more were wounded. Rare bomb attacks struck the southern, port city of Basra.
Gunmen killed a man and his daughter in Qayara.
A sticky bomb in Falluja wounded two people.
In Mosul, a government official escaped an assassination attempt.
Police in Baiji killed a suicide bomber.
A bomb was defused at a popular coffee shop in Hilla.
A government building under construction in Riyadh was blown-up, but no casualties were reported. Several other buildings were targeted with explosives.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Security Forces Shoot Protesters in Kirkuk, Khanaqin; 18 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2017
- Peshmerga Casualty Figures Raised; 90 Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2017
- Kurds Begin Return Home to Kirkuk; Eight Killed in Iraq – October 17th, 2017
- Kurds Flee as Baghdad Captures Kirkuk; 60 Killed, 133 Wounded – October 16th, 2017
- Iraq Forgets ISIS, Moves Against Kirkuk; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2017