Although there were few reported attacks, at least 13 Iraqis were killed and 26 more were wounded. Rare bomb attacks struck the southern, port city of Basra.
Gunmen killed a man and his daughter in Qayara.
A sticky bomb in Falluja wounded two people.
In Mosul, a government official escaped an assassination attempt.
Police in Baiji killed a suicide bomber.
A bomb was defused at a popular coffee shop in Hilla.
A government building under construction in Riyadh was blown-up, but no casualties were reported. Several other buildings were targeted with explosives.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017
- Airstrikes Push Refugees out of Tal Afar; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2017
- New Camp Speicher Mass Grave Found; 31 Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2017
- Two US Service Members Among 59 Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2017