Iraq Horror: 27 Killed, 166 Wounded
A major bomb attack struck near Kirkuk in the town of Dibis, while gunmen killed more people across the country. At least 27 people were killed and 166 more were wounded.
A suicide car bomber drove into a Dibis police station, where as many as eight people were killed in the ensuing blast. About 65 of the 165 wounded were students at a Kurdish secondary girls school nearby. Another government building suffered effects of the blast.
In Baghdad, gunmen stormed a Shula home where they killed a man and a woman. A storeowner was shot dead in Sabi al-Boor. A policeman was killed in a drive-by shooting in Ghazaliya. A civilian was killed in the Saidiya district, while a Sahwa member was gunned down in Amil. Three ministry employees were also killed.
Gunmen killed two policemen in Baaj.
Motorcycle-riding gunmen killed a blacksmith in Baquba.
The Rutba‘s council head died of his injuries while on his way to a hospital in Ramadi.
The body of young man whose head had been smashed in was found in Kirkuk a day after he was kidnapped.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Abu Saida.
A bomb targeted soldiers in Amiriyat al-Saidiya, but no casualties were reported.
No casualties were reported after a bomb exploded at a lieutenant’s home in Shirqat.
A bomb at a political party’s offices in Balad were bombed but no casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 150 Killed in Iraq, including Rutba Demonstrators – August 31st, 2015
- ISIS Militants Fight, Execute Each Other; 169 Killed across Iraq – August 30th, 2015
- Arrests in Anti-ISIS Protest; 102 Killed across Iraq – August 29th, 2015
- Protests Resume in Baghdad; 88 Killed across Iraq – August 28th, 2015
- Two Generals among 75 Killed across Iraq – August 27th, 2015