Violence Claims 19 Lives Across Iraq
Tuesday: 19 Killed, 21 Wounded
A string of attacks left 19 killed and 21 wounded across Iraq.
An army officer and three members of his family were executed during a home invasion in Qayara.
Gunmen attacked the Madaen home of a Sahwa member, where they killed him, his son, and his bodyguard.
Two Sahwa members were killed and five more were wounded in a bombing in Tikrit.
A roadside bomb blasted a truck in Udhaim, leaving two dead and two injured.
Gunmen shot one Sahwa member dead and wounded another while they were traveling in a car in Baiji.
A bomb wounded two soldiers in Hibhib.
In Zuba’, an I.E.D. wounded two civilians.
One insurgent was wounded during a raid that netted him and four others near Ramadi.
A teenaged Turkmen student was kidnapped in Kirkuk.
No casualties were reported during a stun grenade attack in Mahmoudiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Uniformed Gunmen Attack Polling Center in Iraq; 29 Killed, 61 Wounded – April 22nd, 2014
- Bombers, Clashes Leave 105 Dead, 127 Hurt Across Iraq – April 21st, 2014
- 79 Killed, 112 Wounded As Iraq Militants Attack Religious College – April 20th, 2014
- Iraq Candidates Targeted; 69 Killed 73 Wounded – April 19th, 2014
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014