Violence Claims 19 Lives Across Iraq
Tuesday: 19 Killed, 21 Wounded
A string of attacks left 19 killed and 21 wounded across Iraq.
An army officer and three members of his family were executed during a home invasion in Qayara.
Gunmen attacked the Madaen home of a Sahwa member, where they killed him, his son, and his bodyguard.
Two Sahwa members were killed and five more were wounded in a bombing in Tikrit.
A roadside bomb blasted a truck in Udhaim, leaving two dead and two injured.
Gunmen shot one Sahwa member dead and wounded another while they were traveling in a car in Baiji.
A bomb wounded two soldiers in Hibhib.
In Zuba’, an I.E.D. wounded two civilians.
One insurgent was wounded during a raid that netted him and four others near Ramadi.
A teenaged Turkmen student was kidnapped in Kirkuk.
No casualties were reported during a stun grenade attack in Mahmoudiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Army Base Attacked; 106 Iraqis Killed, 79 Wounded – April 17th, 2014
- Anbar Gov’t Compound Targeted; 104 Killed, 95 Wounded Across Iraq – April 16th, 2014
- 55 Killed, 44 Wounded Across Iraq As Abu Ghraib Prison Is Shut Down – April 15th, 2014
- Militants Shut Down Iraq Dam Again; 57 Killed, 19 Wounded – April 14th, 2014
- Bombers Take Toll on Northern Iraq; 71 Killed, 82 Wounded – April 13th, 2014