Violence Claims 19 Lives Across Iraq
Tuesday: 19 Killed, 21 Wounded
A string of attacks left 19 killed and 21 wounded across Iraq.
An army officer and three members of his family were executed during a home invasion in Qayara.
Gunmen attacked the Madaen home of a Sahwa member, where they killed him, his son, and his bodyguard.
Two Sahwa members were killed and five more were wounded in a bombing in Tikrit.
A roadside bomb blasted a truck in Udhaim, leaving two dead and two injured.
Gunmen shot one Sahwa member dead and wounded another while they were traveling in a car in Baiji.
A bomb wounded two soldiers in Hibhib.
In Zuba’, an I.E.D. wounded two civilians.
One insurgent was wounded during a raid that netted him and four others near Ramadi.
A teenaged Turkmen student was kidnapped in Kirkuk.
No casualties were reported during a stun grenade attack in Mahmoudiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 52 Killed in Iraq Bombings and Executions – April 23rd, 2015
- No Let Up in Baghdad Blasts; 136 Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2015
- Coalition Strikes Kill Civilians in Mosul; 244 Killed across Iraq – April 21st, 2015
- 161 Killed across Iraq As Bombs Continue in Baghdad – April 20th, 2015
- Militants Execute Iraq Civilians; 208 Killed Overall – April 19th, 2015