Violence Claims 19 Lives Across Iraq
Tuesday: 19 Killed, 21 Wounded
A string of attacks left 19 killed and 21 wounded across Iraq.
An army officer and three members of his family were executed during a home invasion in Qayara.
Gunmen attacked the Madaen home of a Sahwa member, where they killed him, his son, and his bodyguard.
Two Sahwa members were killed and five more were wounded in a bombing in Tikrit.
A roadside bomb blasted a truck in Udhaim, leaving two dead and two injured.
Gunmen shot one Sahwa member dead and wounded another while they were traveling in a car in Baiji.
A bomb wounded two soldiers in Hibhib.
In Zuba’, an I.E.D. wounded two civilians.
One insurgent was wounded during a raid that netted him and four others near Ramadi.
A teenaged Turkmen student was kidnapped in Kirkuk.
No casualties were reported during a stun grenade attack in Mahmoudiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fresh Civilian Airstrike Deaths; 151 Killed in Iraq – April 27th, 2017
- New Zealand and Australia Deploying More Troops; 134 Killed in Iraq – April 26th, 2017
- Turkish Friendly Fire Kills Kurdish Troops; 86 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2017
- Mass Execution near Kirkuk; 58 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2017
- Civilians Killed in Mosul Clashes; 180 Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2017