Violence Claims 19 Lives Across Iraq
Tuesday: 19 Killed, 21 Wounded
A string of attacks left 19 killed and 21 wounded across Iraq.
An army officer and three members of his family were executed during a home invasion in Qayara.
Gunmen attacked the Madaen home of a Sahwa member, where they killed him, his son, and his bodyguard.
Two Sahwa members were killed and five more were wounded in a bombing in Tikrit.
A roadside bomb blasted a truck in Udhaim, leaving two dead and two injured.
Gunmen shot one Sahwa member dead and wounded another while they were traveling in a car in Baiji.
A bomb wounded two soldiers in Hibhib.
In Zuba’, an I.E.D. wounded two civilians.
One insurgent was wounded during a raid that netted him and four others near Ramadi.
A teenaged Turkmen student was kidnapped in Kirkuk.
No casualties were reported during a stun grenade attack in Mahmoudiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Force Retake Baiji Refinery; 158 Killed across Country – April 18th, 2015
- Bombers Strike in Baghdad; 479 Killed Across Iraq – April 17th, 2015
- 313 Killed in Iraq as Fighting Increases on Two Fronts – April 16th, 2015
- ISIS Takes Villages in Anbar, as 290 Are Killed Across Iraq – April 15th, 2015
- 160 Killed in Iraq as Premier Visits White House – April 14th, 2015