Four Killed in Iraq; Attacks on Soldiers Continue
Sunday: 4 Killed, 11 Wounded
Light violence left four dead and 11 wounded across Iraq. Although no reports of casualties came out of Falluja, attacks against soldiers continued two days after soldiers fired upon civilians.
In Mosul, gunmen killed two soldiers and wounded a third one at a checkpoint. A roadside bomb wounded three civilians. A soldier and his wife were killed during a home invasion. Clashes between gunmen and soldiers left five wounded, including three bystanders.
Two civilians were wounded in a blast in Jalawla.
A bomb in Gatoun left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iran’s Support For Maliki Dwindles As Over 200 Are Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2014
- 288 Slain As Maliki Urges Sunni Tribes To Fight For Iraq Government – July 22nd, 2014
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad: 50 Killed, 92 Wounded – July 19th, 2014