Four Killed in Iraq; Attacks on Soldiers Continue
Sunday: 4 Killed, 11 Wounded
Light violence left four dead and 11 wounded across Iraq. Although no reports of casualties came out of Falluja, attacks against soldiers continued two days after soldiers fired upon civilians.
In Mosul, gunmen killed two soldiers and wounded a third one at a checkpoint. A roadside bomb wounded three civilians. A soldier and his wife were killed during a home invasion. Clashes between gunmen and soldiers left five wounded, including three bystanders.
Two civilians were wounded in a blast in Jalawla.
A bomb in Gatoun left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014
- Army Base Attacked; 106 Iraqis Killed, 79 Wounded – April 17th, 2014
- Anbar Gov’t Compound Targeted; 104 Killed, 95 Wounded Across Iraq – April 16th, 2014
- 55 Killed, 44 Wounded Across Iraq As Abu Ghraib Prison Is Shut Down – April 15th, 2014
- Militants Shut Down Iraq Dam Again; 57 Killed, 19 Wounded – April 14th, 2014