Four Killed in Iraq; Attacks on Soldiers Continue
Sunday: 4 Killed, 11 Wounded
Light violence left four dead and 11 wounded across Iraq. Although no reports of casualties came out of Falluja, attacks against soldiers continued two days after soldiers fired upon civilians.
In Mosul, gunmen killed two soldiers and wounded a third one at a checkpoint. A roadside bomb wounded three civilians. A soldier and his wife were killed during a home invasion. Clashes between gunmen and soldiers left five wounded, including three bystanders.
Two civilians were wounded in a blast in Jalawla.
A bomb in Gatoun left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Families Storm Parliament Looking for Answers, as 54 Are Killed – September 2nd, 2014
- 4,800 Killed in Iraq During August – September 1st, 2014
- 95 Killed across Iraq As Security Forces Reach Turkmen Town – August 31st, 2014
- Fight for Turkmen Town Unfolding As 200 Are Killed across Iraq – August 30th, 2014
- 220 Killed, 130 Wounded Across Iraq – August 29th, 2014