Iranian Pilgrims Among 14 Killed in Iraq
Friday: 14 Killed, 24 Wounded
At least 14 people were killed, three of them Iranian, in new attacks. Another 24 were wounded.
Three Iranian pilgrims were killed and at least 19 more were wounded in a bombing attack against their bus near Samarra. A policeman was wounded in a shooting. A separate R.P.G. attack at a checkpoint left no reported casualties.
In Falluja, three soldiers were killed and two more were wounded when gunmen attacked their convoy. A car bomb was dismantled.
Gunmen killed two policemen at a Nuaimiya checkpoint.
One policeman was killed and another was wounded in a roadside blast in Aanah.
A car bomb in Qaim killed the car’s driver.
A suicide bomber killed only himself in Rutbah.
In Jbela, gunmen wounded a man.
No casualties were reported after a bombing in Saqlawiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies Litter Tigris River in Mosul; 39 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2017
- Jonah’s Tomb Captured in Mosul; 50 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Checkpoints in Diyala Province; 184 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2017
- ISIS Burns Family to Death, Including Infant; 57 Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2017
- Symbolic Buildings, Bridge Captured in Mosul; 118 Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2017