Iranian Pilgrims Among 14 Killed in Iraq
Friday: 14 Killed, 24 Wounded
At least 14 people were killed, three of them Iranian, in new attacks. Another 24 were wounded.
Three Iranian pilgrims were killed and at least 19 more were wounded in a bombing attack against their bus near Samarra. A policeman was wounded in a shooting. A separate R.P.G. attack at a checkpoint left no reported casualties.
In Falluja, three soldiers were killed and two more were wounded when gunmen attacked their convoy. A car bomb was dismantled.
Gunmen killed two policemen at a Nuaimiya checkpoint.
One policeman was killed and another was wounded in a roadside blast in Aanah.
A car bomb in Qaim killed the car’s driver.
A suicide bomber killed only himself in Rutbah.
In Jbela, gunmen wounded a man.
No casualties were reported after a bombing in Saqlawiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Heavy Fighting In Mosul’s Old City; 209 Killed in Iraq – March 28th, 2017
- New Civilian Casualties in Mosul Airstrikes; 127 Killed in Iraq – March 27th, 2017
- Cholera in Mosul; 242 Killed in Iraq – March 26th, 2017
- Pause in Mosul Fight; 37 Killed in Iraq – March 25th, 2017
- Sadrists Hold Rally in Baghdad; 60 Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2017