Iranian Pilgrims Among 14 Killed in Iraq
Friday: 14 Killed, 24 Wounded
At least 14 people were killed, three of them Iranian, in new attacks. Another 24 were wounded.
Three Iranian pilgrims were killed and at least 19 more were wounded in a bombing attack against their bus near Samarra. A policeman was wounded in a shooting. A separate R.P.G. attack at a checkpoint left no reported casualties.
In Falluja, three soldiers were killed and two more were wounded when gunmen attacked their convoy. A car bomb was dismantled.
Gunmen killed two policemen at a Nuaimiya checkpoint.
One policeman was killed and another was wounded in a roadside blast in Aanah.
A car bomb in Qaim killed the car’s driver.
A suicide bomber killed only himself in Rutbah.
In Jbela, gunmen wounded a man.
No casualties were reported after a bombing in Saqlawiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Forces Make Some Progress; 139 Killed – March 4th, 2015
- 128 Killed in Iraq Battles and Attacks – March 3rd, 2015
- Operations Continue in Northern Iraq; 171 Killed, 210 Wounded – March 2nd, 2015
- Iraq: 4,134 Killed in February; Major Operation Begins in North – March 1st, 2015
- Heavy Clashes and Bombings Leave 97 Dead, 127 Wounded in Iraq – February 28th, 2015