Iranian Pilgrims Among 14 Killed in Iraq
Friday: 14 Killed, 24 Wounded
At least 14 people were killed, three of them Iranian, in new attacks. Another 24 were wounded.
Three Iranian pilgrims were killed and at least 19 more were wounded in a bombing attack against their bus near Samarra. A policeman was wounded in a shooting. A separate R.P.G. attack at a checkpoint left no reported casualties.
In Falluja, three soldiers were killed and two more were wounded when gunmen attacked their convoy. A car bomb was dismantled.
Gunmen killed two policemen at a Nuaimiya checkpoint.
One policeman was killed and another was wounded in a roadside blast in Aanah.
A car bomb in Qaim killed the car’s driver.
A suicide bomber killed only himself in Rutbah.
In Jbela, gunmen wounded a man.
No casualties were reported after a bombing in Saqlawiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fight for Turkmen Town Unfolding As 200 Are Killed across Iraq – August 30th, 2014
- 220 Killed, 130 Wounded Across Iraq – August 29th, 2014
- ISIS Releases Beheading Video As 161 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 28th, 2014
- 168 Killed Across Iraq As U.S. and Militiamen Focus on Rescuing Turkmen in Amerli – August 27th, 2014
- Another Bombing in Baghdad; 80 Killed in Iraq – August 26th, 2014