Newspaper Editor and Sahwa Leader Killed in Iraq
Monday: 2 Killed, 1 Wounded
A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Army Base Attacked; 106 Iraqis Killed, 79 Wounded – April 17th, 2014
- Anbar Gov’t Compound Targeted; 104 Killed, 95 Wounded Across Iraq – April 16th, 2014
- 55 Killed, 44 Wounded Across Iraq As Abu Ghraib Prison Is Shut Down – April 15th, 2014
- Militants Shut Down Iraq Dam Again; 57 Killed, 19 Wounded – April 14th, 2014
- Bombers Take Toll on Northern Iraq; 71 Killed, 82 Wounded – April 13th, 2014