A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018
- PKK Launch Rocket at Turkey; Six Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2018