Newspaper Editor and Sahwa Leader Killed in Iraq
Monday: 2 Killed, 1 Wounded
A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Child Among Execution Victims; 68 Killed in Iraq – July 28th, 2016
- Mass Grave Found in Fallujah; 125 Killed in Iraq – July 27th, 2016
- 74 Killed in Iraq, Including Family Fleeing ISIS – July 26th, 2016
- Bomber Strike East of Baghdad; 138 Killed in Iraq – July 25th, 2016
- 164 Killed in Iraq; Bombers Strike near Shi’ite Shrine – July 24th, 2016