Newspaper Editor and Sahwa Leader Killed in Iraq
Monday: 2 Killed, 1 Wounded
A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Uniformed Gunmen Attack Polling Center in Iraq; 29 Killed, 61 Wounded – April 22nd, 2014
- Bombers, Clashes Leave 105 Dead, 127 Hurt Across Iraq – April 21st, 2014
- 79 Killed, 112 Wounded As Iraq Militants Attack Religious College – April 20th, 2014
- Iraq Candidates Targeted; 69 Killed 73 Wounded – April 19th, 2014
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014