Newspaper Editor and Sahwa Leader Killed in Iraq
Monday: 2 Killed, 1 Wounded
A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Tribal Fighters Executed in Iraq; 115 Killed, 59 Wounded – October 31st, 2014
- Mass Graves in Western Iraq Drive Casualty Figure up to 470 Killed – October 30th, 2014
- ISIS Executes Dozens; 350 Killed Across Iraq – October 29th, 2014
- Battles Continue Near Iraq Capital; 162 Killed – October 28th, 2014
- Bombers Attack Civilian and Security Targets Across Iraq, 317 Killed – October 27th, 2014