Newspaper Editor and Sahwa Leader Killed in Iraq
Monday: 2 Killed, 1 Wounded
A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Target Security Personnel Across Iraq; 67 Killed, 98 Wounded – December 3rd, 2013
- Family of Six Among 15 Killed, 31 Wounded Across Iraq – December 2nd, 2013
- 46 Killed, 70 Wounded Across Iraq; Bomber Attacks Sahwa Funeral – December 1st, 2013
- 20 Killed, 28 Wounded in Scattered Attacks Across Iraq – November 30th, 2013
- 52 Killed, 30 Wounded As Dumped Bodies Are Recovered Across Iraq – November 29th, 2013