Newspaper Editor and Sahwa Leader Killed in Iraq
Monday: 2 Killed, 1 Wounded
A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Clashes and Bombers Kill 39, Wounded 41 More – March 11th, 2014
- 18 Killed, 38 Wounded Across Iraq – March 10th, 2014
- Massive Bombing near Baghdad; 97 Killed 237 Wounded Across Iraq – March 9th, 2014
- Iraq Political Candidate Among 44 Killed, 60 Wounded – March 8th, 2014
- Shelling and Bombings Kill 42, Wound 62 Across Iraq – March 7th, 2014