Newspaper Editor and Sahwa Leader Killed in Iraq
Monday: 2 Killed, 1 Wounded
A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Pause in Mosul Fight; 37 Killed in Iraq – March 25th, 2017
- Sadrists Hold Rally in Baghdad; 60 Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2017
- Mortars Target Civilians in Mosul; 109 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2017
- New Reports of Chemical Weapons in Mosul; 47 Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2017
- 117 Killed in Iraq; ISIS Captures 9 Officers in Mosul – March 20th, 2017