Newspaper Editor and Sahwa Leader Killed in Iraq
Monday: 2 Killed, 1 Wounded
A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Found in Sinjar, 166 Killed Across Iraq – December 20th, 2014
- Heavy Fighting Continues Near Sinjar, 11 Killed in Baghdad – December 19th, 2014
- Sinjar Operation Continues; 142 Killed Across Iraq – December 18th, 2014
- Operation To Free Yazidi Town Begins; 131 Killed Across Iraq – December 17th, 2014
- Iraq: 241 Killed, Including 150 Women Who Spurned ISIS Suitors – December 16th, 2014