Newspaper Editor and Sahwa Leader Killed in Iraq
Monday: 2 Killed, 1 Wounded
A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 205 Killed in Iraq; Kurdish Forces Launch Major Operation – August 26th, 2015
- At least 99 Killed across Iraq, including Kurdish Guerrillas – August 25th, 2015
- Dozens Executed in Mosul; 106 Killed across Iraq – August 24th, 2015
- Heavy Fighting Continues in Anbar; 188 Killed across Iraq – August 23rd, 2015
- 298 Killed across Iraq as ISIS Ambushes Troops in Anbar – August 22nd, 2015