A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Witnesses Dispute Airstrike Report; 89 Killed in Iraq – May 26th, 2017
- Thousands Kidnapped for Use as Human Shields; 83 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2017
- Militants Blow up Home with Civilians Sealed Inside; 103 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2017
- Italian Troops Deployed to Guard Mosul Dam; 170 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2017
- Militants Execute Collaborators Near Kirkuk; 80 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2017