Newspaper Editor and Sahwa Leader Killed in Iraq
Monday: 2 Killed, 1 Wounded
A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Casualties; 77 Killed Across Iraq – April 22nd, 2017
- Qatari Hostages Freed; 16 Killed in Iraq – April 21st, 2017
- ISIS Leader’s Relative Reported Killed in Mosul; 63 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2017
- Bodies Floating in Tigris River; 17 Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2017
- Temporary Bridge Opens in Mosul; 108 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2017