Newspaper Editor and Sahwa Leader Killed in Iraq
Monday: 2 Killed, 1 Wounded
A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 54 Killed in Iraq as Forces Prepare to Storm Hit – February 13th, 2016
- Shi’ite Militia Accused of Kidnapping; 91 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2016
- Thousands Homeless in Anbar; 72 Killed in Iraq – February 11th, 2016
- 96 Killed Across Iraq as Fighting Shifts West of Ramadi – February 10th, 2016
- Security Forces Finish Securing Ramadi; 285 Killed in Iraq – February 9th, 2016