Newspaper Editor and Sahwa Leader Killed in Iraq
Monday: 2 Killed, 1 Wounded
A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 112 Killed across Iraq as Turkey Resumes Bombing Runs – November 25th, 2015
- 166 Killed across Iraq; Militia Accused of Seizing Hospital – November 24th, 2015
- 81 Killed across Iraq; Canada Accused of Bombing Civilians – November 23rd, 2015
- Baghdad Cancels Flights over Missile Fears; 101 Killed across Iraq – November 22nd, 2015
- 25 Killed in Iraq Attacks – November 21st, 2015