Newspaper Editor and Sahwa Leader Killed in Iraq
Monday: 2 Killed, 1 Wounded
A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq: 4,134 Killed in February; Major Operation Begins in North – March 1st, 2015
- Heavy Clashes and Bombings Leave 97 Dead, 127 Wounded in Iraq – February 28th, 2015
- String of Bombings in Baghdad; 47 Killed across Iraq – February 27th, 2015
- Coalition Airstrikes Kill Civilians; 224 Killed Across Iraq – February 26th, 2015
- Iraq: 187 Killed, 100 Kidnapped – February 25th, 2015