Newspaper Editor and Sahwa Leader Killed in Iraq
Monday: 2 Killed, 1 Wounded
A spokesman for Iraq’s military said that the central government and Kurdish officials have reached an agreement to ratchet down tensions and try to drawdown troops in the disputed areas. Kurdistan premier Nechirvan Barzani told reporters that a delegation would travel to Baghdad for further talks tomorrow.
Reporters Without Borders condemned the previously unreported death of a newspaper editor, Samir Sheikh Ali, who was gunned down on November 17 in the Sheikh Omar district of Baghdad.
In Samarra, a sticky bomb killed a Sahwa leader.
A bomb wounded a civilian in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jonah’s Tomb Captured in Mosul; 50 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Checkpoints in Diyala Province; 184 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2017
- ISIS Burns Family to Death, Including Infant; 57 Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2017
- Symbolic Buildings, Bridge Captured in Mosul; 118 Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2017
- Mortars Strike Civilians in Mosul; 142 Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2017