Ten Executed in Iraq
Sunday: 10 Executed, 1 Wounded
The Iraqi government put 10 men to death today, bringing the total number of known executions to 129 for the year. One of the men was Egyptian. Despite international condemnation, several mass executions have taken place since the beginning of the year.
A bomb targeting the secretary general of the Salah ad Din council left no casualties in Tuz.
No casualties were reported after a pair of bombs targeted troops in Riyadh.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iran’s Support For Maliki Dwindles As Over 200 Are Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2014
- 288 Slain As Maliki Urges Sunni Tribes To Fight For Iraq Government – July 22nd, 2014
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad: 50 Killed, 92 Wounded – July 19th, 2014