13 Killed, 39 Wounded in Iraq; Turkish Troops Enter North
Wednesday: 13 Killed, 39 Wounded
At least 13 people were killed and 39 more were wounded across Iraq today. Some of the casualties occurred during Turkish operations in northern Iraq.
Turkish troops briefly entered northern Iraq today to conduct an operation against Kurdish rebels. Turkish media reported the maneuvers but gave no details on casualties. Separate air strikes did leave two Iraqi Kurds dead and three more wounded in Maradu. Although air strikes are common, ground troops rarely cross the border.
In Mosul, three bombs left three dead and 21 wounded; several Kurdish security personnel were among the victims. Gunmen killed two soldiers. Clashes left one soldier dead and another wounded. A sticky bomb wounded the dean of dentistry.
Two policemen were killed and three more were wounded in a blast in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
In Baghdad, an I.E.D. killed one person and wounded three more near an Amil generator.
One person was killed and another was wounded during a blast at a Tuz Khormato mosque.
Gunmen killed a soldier in Qayara.
Two bombs in Dibis wounded six policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shi’ite Militia Accused of Kidnapping; 91 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2016
- Thousands Homeless in Anbar; 72 Killed in Iraq – February 11th, 2016
- 96 Killed Across Iraq as Fighting Shifts West of Ramadi – February 10th, 2016
- Security Forces Finish Securing Ramadi; 285 Killed in Iraq – February 9th, 2016
- Troops Recapture Anbar Town; 120 Killed Across Iraq – February 8th, 2016