Baghdad Blasts Leave 14 Killed, 44 Wounded
Tuesday: 14 Killed, 44 Wounded
Bombs and mortars left at least 14 dead in and around the capital. Another 44 people were wounded. Although it has been relatively peaceful the last several days, insurgents could be gearing up for the Eid al-Adha holiday later this week.
In Baghdad, at least seven people were killed and 16 were wounded when four car bombs exploded in Shula. Mortars killed at least two and wounded ten more in Chikuk. The Interior Ministry gave even higher figures, saying at least 11 were killed and 32 were wounded in the two attacks. A car bomb killed one person and wounded three more in Hurriya.
In the suburb of Abu Ghraib, two people were killed and six others were wounded in a car bombing. Three people were wounded in a mortar attack.
Gunmen blew up a Sahwa headquarters in Muqdadiya but no casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Rattled by Blasts: 43 Killed Across Iraq – June 18th, 2013
- Bombings Return to Central Iraq; 23 Killed – June 17th, 2013
- Iraq’s Shi’ite South Targeted: 54 Killed, 174 Wounded – June 16th, 2013
- 23 Killed Across Iraq; Mortar Attack on Iranian Dissident Camp – June 15th, 2013
- Iraq: Sunni Governor Unhurt in Assassination Attempt, Two Others Killed – June 13th, 2013