Turkey resumed operations inside northern Iraq today. Although no casualties were reported there, at least 11 Iraqis were killed and 21 more were wounded elsewhere.
Turkish warplanes bombed several villages in northern Iraq. Although the assault continued for hours, no casualties were as yet reported. Zelie, KezakRashaffh and Seir were among the areas bombed. The Iraqi government, meanwhile, is calling on the Kurdish Regional Government to permit Iraqi troops there, in order to discourage more Turkish incursions.
In Baghdad, two civilians were killed and seven others were wounded in a blast at a marketplace. A civilian was killed and six others were wounded when a bomb exploded at a market in Husseiniya. Two policemen were killed and two more were wounded in a roadside bombing. Gunmen killed a truck driver.
Unidentified gunmen in Abu Saida killed the leader of a Shi’ite militia group.
A roadside bomb near Baquba wounded two policemen.
In Hit, mortars fell on a police station wounding two policemen.
A bomb wounded a soldier in Khan Bani Saad.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018