12 Iraqis Killed in Violence Targeting Security Personnel
Sunday 12 Iraqis Killed, 10 Wounded
At least 12 Iraqis were killed in new violence in Iraq. One of them was a detainee who died in Mosul, where the torture of prisoners has been reported previously. Another 10 people were wounded.
A pair of roadside bombs killed three soldiers and wounded three more in Garma.
Two bodies were discovered in Zubayr after detainees confessed to murder.
Three soldiers were wounded in a blast in Baquba.
A sticky bomb attached to a car in Mahmoudiya wounded one person.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sixty Killed, 132 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Carnage – May 21st, 2013
- Monday Mayhem: 133 Killed, 283 Wounded in Iraq – May 20th, 2013
- Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives – May 19th, 2013
- Forty Killed Across Iraq; 13 Kidnapped in Anbar Province – May 18th, 2013
- Retaliation Against Sunnis Leave 90 Dead, 201 Wounded Across Iraq – May 17th, 2013