Thirteen Iraqis Killed in Fresh Attacks
Tuesday: 13 Iraqis Killed, 17 Wounded
At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 17 more were wounded in attacks across northern and central Iraq. Also, fugitive Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi’s trial on terrorism charges resumed.
A neighbor of fugitive Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi swore in court today that the vice president’s son gave him bombs to transport. Four bodyguards also testified as the trial resumed in a Baghdad court. Hashemi himself is in Turkey, where he was granted resident status. He claims that the charges are politically motivated. The trial continues on Sept. 9.
A car bomb in Baiji left one policeman dead and six others wounded.
A roadside bomb in Hammam al-Alil killed two people and wounded two others.
Two farmers were killed in a roadside bombing in Hadid.
Gunmen stormed a home in Abu Ghraib where they killed a lieutenant colonel in the army.
A policeman was gunned down in Khalis.
A contractor was killed in Badush.
A roadside bomb in Qarmat Ali wounded three policemen.
Three policemen were wounded in a blast in Tuz Khormato.
A gunman was killed while trying to plant a bomb in Motisim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Child Among Execution Victims; 68 Killed in Iraq – July 28th, 2016
- Mass Grave Found in Fallujah; 125 Killed in Iraq – July 27th, 2016
- 74 Killed in Iraq, Including Family Fleeing ISIS – July 26th, 2016
- Bomber Strike East of Baghdad; 138 Killed in Iraq – July 25th, 2016
- 164 Killed in Iraq; Bombers Strike near Shi’ite Shrine – July 24th, 2016