At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 17 more were wounded in attacks across northern and central Iraq. Also, fugitive Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi’s trial on terrorism charges resumed.
A neighbor of fugitive Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi swore in court today that the vice president’s son gave him bombs to transport. Four bodyguards also testified as the trial resumed in a Baghdad court. Hashemi himself is in Turkey, where he was granted resident status. He claims that the charges are politically motivated. The trial continues on Sept. 9.
A car bomb in Baiji left one policeman dead and six others wounded.
A roadside bomb in Hammam al-Alil killed two people and wounded two others.
Two farmers were killed in a roadside bombing in Hadid.
Gunmen stormed a home in Abu Ghraib where they killed a lieutenant colonel in the army.
A policeman was gunned down in Khalis.
A contractor was killed in Badush.
A roadside bomb in Qarmat Ali wounded three policemen.
Three policemen were wounded in a blast in Tuz Khormato.
A gunman was killed while trying to plant a bomb in Motisim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018