Iraqi Bloodshed Leaves 28 Dead, 87 Wounded
Friday: 28 Iraqis Killed, 87 Wounded
At least 28 people were killed and 87 more were wounded across Iraq today. A bomb in a northern village left 70 wounded but the fatalities were scattered all over central and northern Iraq. As in recent days, gunmen targeted security personnel or political targets, while the main bomb attack was directed at Shi’ites.
A suicide truck bomber killed five people and wounded 70 more when he attacked a Shi’ite mosque in the Shabak village of Mwafaqiya. Part of the structure collapsed on the fleeing worshippers. The village is in a disputed area near Mosul.
Four people were killed and four more were wounded when a house was blown up in Falluja.
Gunmen killed four Sahwa members at their Dujail checkpoint.
Three policemen were killed and two more were wounded when a bomb exploded in Muqdadiya.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed two policemen and wounded three more in Ghazaliya.
A bomb in the village of al-Baghdadi left two dead and two wounded.
Gunmen in Hammam al-Alil killed a man and his son, while wounding his sister.
A bomb killed one person and wounded two more in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
A woman’s body was found in the Zab River near Kirkuk.
Three people were wounded when a house was blown up in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shooting Spree Targets Baghdad Liquor Stores; 21 Killed, 36 Wounded Across Iraq – December 7th, 2013
- Journalist Assassinated in Kurdistan; 15 Killed, 33 Wounded Across Iraq – December 6th, 2013
- Shootings and Bombings Leave 14 Dead, 7 Wounded – December 5th, 2013
- Another Security Installation Targeted in Iraq; 31 Killed, 106 Wounded – December 4th, 2013
- Suicide Bombers Target Security Personnel Across Iraq; 67 Killed, 98 Wounded – December 3rd, 2013