Iraqi Bloodshed Leaves 28 Dead, 87 Wounded
Friday: 28 Iraqis Killed, 87 Wounded
At least 28 people were killed and 87 more were wounded across Iraq today. A bomb in a northern village left 70 wounded but the fatalities were scattered all over central and northern Iraq. As in recent days, gunmen targeted security personnel or political targets, while the main bomb attack was directed at Shi’ites.
A suicide truck bomber killed five people and wounded 70 more when he attacked a Shi’ite mosque in the Shabak village of Mwafaqiya. Part of the structure collapsed on the fleeing worshippers. The village is in a disputed area near Mosul.
Four people were killed and four more were wounded when a house was blown up in Falluja.
Gunmen killed four Sahwa members at their Dujail checkpoint.
Three policemen were killed and two more were wounded when a bomb exploded in Muqdadiya.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed two policemen and wounded three more in Ghazaliya.
A bomb in the village of al-Baghdadi left two dead and two wounded.
Gunmen in Hammam al-Alil killed a man and his son, while wounding his sister.
A bomb killed one person and wounded two more in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
A woman’s body was found in the Zab River near Kirkuk.
Three people were wounded when a house was blown up in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Marine, 286 Others Killed Across Iraq – October 24th, 2014
- Another Town Falls to ISIS; 114 Killed Across Iraq – October 23rd, 2014
- Battles Rage Not Far from Baghdad; 282 Killed, 116 Wounded Across Iraq – October 22nd, 2014
- 58 Killed, 45 Wounded Across Iraq; Militiamen Boldly Operate Under Own Terms – October 21st, 2014
- Bombs and Battles Kill 243, Wound 139 Across Iraq – October 20th, 2014