Iraqi Bloodshed Leaves 28 Dead, 87 Wounded
Friday: 28 Iraqis Killed, 87 Wounded
At least 28 people were killed and 87 more were wounded across Iraq today. A bomb in a northern village left 70 wounded but the fatalities were scattered all over central and northern Iraq. As in recent days, gunmen targeted security personnel or political targets, while the main bomb attack was directed at Shi’ites.
A suicide truck bomber killed five people and wounded 70 more when he attacked a Shi’ite mosque in the Shabak village of Mwafaqiya. Part of the structure collapsed on the fleeing worshippers. The village is in a disputed area near Mosul.
Four people were killed and four more were wounded when a house was blown up in Falluja.
Gunmen killed four Sahwa members at their Dujail checkpoint.
Three policemen were killed and two more were wounded when a bomb exploded in Muqdadiya.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed two policemen and wounded three more in Ghazaliya.
A bomb in the village of al-Baghdadi left two dead and two wounded.
Gunmen in Hammam al-Alil killed a man and his son, while wounding his sister.
A bomb killed one person and wounded two more in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
A woman’s body was found in the Zab River near Kirkuk.
Three people were wounded when a house was blown up in Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 274 Killed Across Iraq As Mosul Residents Defy ISIS – July 28th, 2014
- Bloody Sunday in Iraq: 374 Killed, 78 Wounded – July 27th, 2014
- Sunni Politican Mysteriously Detained; 312 Killed Across Iraq – July 26th, 2014
- Sistani Reiterates Plea For Maliki To Quit; 45 Killed Across Iraq – July 25th, 2014
- ISIS Blows Up Tombs in Mosul; 147 Killed Across Iraq – July 24th, 2014