Five women were among the ten Iraqis killed today. They were murdered at home in Samarra. Another six Iraqis were wounded in the various attacks.
Gunmen killed five women shortly after the iftar meal at the Samarra home of a school director. The director was not at home but his wife was killed as well as three daughters and one daughter-in-law.
An I.E.D. in Falluja killed one civilian and wounded two more.
Near Ramadi, gunmen killed two policemen and wounded two more.
Two policemen were wounded in a blast in Kirkuk.
Three suspects were arrested after a bomb blew up in Baquba.
Authorities in Diyala province admitted that over 16,000 detainees remain incarcerated pending trial. Some have been imprisoned as long as six years.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 45 Killed in Iraq as Troops Gather Around Tal Afar – August 18th, 2017
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017
- Airstrikes Push Refugees out of Tal Afar; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2017
- New Camp Speicher Mass Grave Found; 31 Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2017