Five women were among the ten Iraqis killed today. They were murdered at home in Samarra. Another six Iraqis were wounded in the various attacks.
Gunmen killed five women shortly after the iftar meal at the Samarra home of a school director. The director was not at home but his wife was killed as well as three daughters and one daughter-in-law.
An I.E.D. in Falluja killed one civilian and wounded two more.
Near Ramadi, gunmen killed two policemen and wounded two more.
Two policemen were wounded in a blast in Kirkuk.
Three suspects were arrested after a bomb blew up in Baquba.
Authorities in Diyala province admitted that over 16,000 detainees remain incarcerated pending trial. Some have been imprisoned as long as six years.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017
- Suicide Bombers Attack Restaurant; 64 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2017
- Kurdish Vote Celebration Turns Deadly; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2017