Eleven Killed in Northern Iraq Attacks
Wednesday: 11 Iraqis Killed, 3 Wounded
The only city reporting violence today was Mosul, where 11 people were killed and three more were wounded. Mosul has retained a high violence rate. Much of it goes unreported.
Gunmen killed four policemen and wounded two more when they attacked the victims’ patrol. Two soldiers and a civilian were killed in a bomb blast. Gunmen killed a woman and her son during a home invasion. Two policemen were killed and a civilian was wounded when gunmen attacked a checkpoint.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iran’s Support For Maliki Dwindles As Over 200 Are Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2014
- 288 Slain As Maliki Urges Sunni Tribes To Fight For Iraq Government – July 22nd, 2014
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad: 50 Killed, 92 Wounded – July 19th, 2014