Eleven Killed in Northern Iraq Attacks
Wednesday: 11 Iraqis Killed, 3 Wounded
The only city reporting violence today was Mosul, where 11 people were killed and three more were wounded. Mosul has retained a high violence rate. Much of it goes unreported.
Gunmen killed four policemen and wounded two more when they attacked the victims’ patrol. Two soldiers and a civilian were killed in a bomb blast. Gunmen killed a woman and her son during a home invasion. Two policemen were killed and a civilian was wounded when gunmen attacked a checkpoint.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Gunmen Attack Samarra Council; 42 Killed, 74 Wounded Across Iraq – March 4th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Continue: 97 Killed, 45 Wounded – March 3rd, 2014
- 131 Killed, 48 Wounded in Iraq, Including Scores of Militants – March 2nd, 2014
- Iraq Attacks Continue into March: 70 Killed, 50 Wounded – March 1st, 2014
- Prominent Sheikh Among 34 Killed, Another 40 Iraqis Wounded – February 28th, 2014