The only city reporting violence today was Mosul, where 11 people were killed and three more were wounded. Mosul has retained a high violence rate. Much of it goes unreported.
Gunmen killed four policemen and wounded two more when they attacked the victims’ patrol. Two soldiers and a civilian were killed in a bomb blast. Gunmen killed a woman and her son during a home invasion. Two policemen were killed and a civilian was wounded when gunmen attacked a checkpoint.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurds Celebrate Referendum; 27 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2017
- Iraq Executes Dozens of Convicts; 116 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2017
- Shirqat Nearly Liberated; 297 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2017
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017