Eight Iraqis Killed at Home, 23 in Syria
Tuesday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 5 Wounded
Iraq received the bodies of 23 Iraqis killed during violence in Syria. Two of them were reporters killed in Damascus, while the other 21 were killed outside the Syrian capital. Syria has taken in many Iraqi refugees. Baghdad has urged them to return home.
Meanwhile, at least eight people were killed in Iraq, while another five were wounded.
In Mosul, six gunmen were killed in a clash that netted 11 others.
In Baghdad, an Interior Ministry police colonel was assassinated in the Saidiya district.
Gunmen killed a police officer as he was leaving his Garma home.
A policeman was injured in a shooting in Samarra.
A bomb in Baquba wounded one civilian and damaged a number of homes.
A clash left three wounded, including two civilians.
Two gunmen were arrested after shooting at a policeman in Falluja.
Large areas in Buhayrat and Iskandariya saw military operations that included air strikes. The troops were seeking al-Qaeda suspects.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Monday Mayhem: 133 Killed, 283 Wounded in Iraq – May 20th, 2013
- Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives – May 19th, 2013
- Forty Killed Across Iraq; 13 Kidnapped in Anbar Province – May 18th, 2013
- Retaliation Against Sunnis Leave 90 Dead, 201 Wounded Across Iraq – May 17th, 2013
- Bombings Continue in Baghdad, Kirkuk; 40 Killed – May 16th, 2013