Iraq Bloodshed: 13 Killed, 38 Wounded
Tuesday: 13 Killed, 38 Wounded
As U.N. envoy Kofi Annan is in Iraq for meetings with Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki over the Syria crisis, at least 13 Iraqis were killed in new violence. Another 38 were wounded.
Gunmen killed four policemen and wounded four others, including one civilian during a drive-by shooting in Khalidiya.
A bomb planted on a bus killed three people and wounded 14 more in Sadr City.
A military force stormed a house in Anneh where a bomb killed two soldiers and wounded three others.
At a Samarra checkpoint, gunmen killed two Sahwa members and wounded three others.
One civilian was killed in a shooting in Taba.
A bomb near Falluja wounded two policemen.
A policeman was wounded during a raid in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Journalist Assassinated in Kurdistan; 15 Killed, 33 Wounded Across Iraq – December 6th, 2013
- Shootings and Bombings Leave 14 Dead, 7 Wounded – December 5th, 2013
- Another Security Installation Targeted in Iraq; 31 Killed, 106 Wounded – December 4th, 2013
- Suicide Bombers Target Security Personnel Across Iraq; 67 Killed, 98 Wounded – December 3rd, 2013
- Family of Six Among 15 Killed, 31 Wounded Across Iraq – December 2nd, 2013