Iraq Bloodshed: 13 Killed, 38 Wounded
Tuesday: 13 Killed, 38 Wounded
As U.N. envoy Kofi Annan is in Iraq for meetings with Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki over the Syria crisis, at least 13 Iraqis were killed in new violence. Another 38 were wounded.
Gunmen killed four policemen and wounded four others, including one civilian during a drive-by shooting in Khalidiya.
A bomb planted on a bus killed three people and wounded 14 more in Sadr City.
A military force stormed a house in Anneh where a bomb killed two soldiers and wounded three others.
At a Samarra checkpoint, gunmen killed two Sahwa members and wounded three others.
One civilian was killed in a shooting in Taba.
A bomb near Falluja wounded two policemen.
A policeman was wounded during a raid in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Uniformed Gunmen Attack Polling Center in Iraq; 29 Killed, 61 Wounded – April 22nd, 2014
- Bombers, Clashes Leave 105 Dead, 127 Hurt Across Iraq – April 21st, 2014
- 79 Killed, 112 Wounded As Iraq Militants Attack Religious College – April 20th, 2014
- Iraq Candidates Targeted; 69 Killed 73 Wounded – April 19th, 2014
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014