Iraq Bloodshed: 13 Killed, 38 Wounded
Tuesday: 13 Killed, 38 Wounded
As U.N. envoy Kofi Annan is in Iraq for meetings with Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki over the Syria crisis, at least 13 Iraqis were killed in new violence. Another 38 were wounded.
Gunmen killed four policemen and wounded four others, including one civilian during a drive-by shooting in Khalidiya.
A bomb planted on a bus killed three people and wounded 14 more in Sadr City.
A military force stormed a house in Anneh where a bomb killed two soldiers and wounded three others.
At a Samarra checkpoint, gunmen killed two Sahwa members and wounded three others.
One civilian was killed in a shooting in Taba.
A bomb near Falluja wounded two policemen.
A policeman was wounded during a raid in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombs and Battles Kill 243, Wound 139 Across Iraq – October 20th, 2014
- 146 Are Killed in Battles and Bombings Across Iraq – October 19th, 2014
- New Iraq Ministers Selected, As 294 Are Killed – October 18th, 2014
- No Halt in Baghdad Bombings; 142 Killed, 122 Wounded Across Iraq – October 17th, 2014
- As Bombers Strike Baghdad, Bodies Pile-up in Tikrit; 121 Killed, 157 Wounded – October 16th, 2014