At least two Iraqis were killed and 11 more were wounded in light violence.
A grenade killed a civilian and wounded two soldiers in Tal Afar.
A bomb planted on a car belonging to a police official in Hawija exploded and wounded four civilian bystanders.
In Qayara, a bomb wounded three guards working for Nineveh intelligence.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Security Forces Pierce Tal Afar City Limits; 65 Killed in Iraq – August 22nd, 2017
- Tal Afar Oil Wells on Fire; 49 Killed in Iraq – August 21st, 2017
- Fears for Civilians as Tal Afar Operation Moves Forward; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 20th, 2017
- Tal Afar Operation Starts; 91 Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2017
- 45 Killed in Iraq as Troops Gather Around Tal Afar – August 18th, 2017