19 Iraqis Killed, 52 Wounded in Ongoing Bloodshed
Wednesday: 19 Iraqis Killed, 52 Wounded
The bloodshed continues unabated. At least 19 people were killed and 52 more were wounded in fresh attacks today. A Shi’ite holiday that culminates on Friday is likely to draw more violence as insurgents target helpless pilgrims.
In Baghdad, gunmen assassinated two police officers and a parliament official in separate locations. A police officer was killed during a raid.
A bomb in Tal Afar killed three people and wounded two more.
Gunmen killed one civilian and wounded another in Baaj.
Six people were wounded in a bombing in Taji.
In Abu Saida, a bomb wounded three civilians.
An I.E.D. in Saqlawiya wounded two policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Blows Up Tombs in Mosul; 147 Killed Across Iraq – July 24th, 2014
- Iran’s Support For Maliki Dwindles As Over 200 Are Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2014
- 288 Slain As Maliki Urges Sunni Tribes To Fight For Iraq Government – July 22nd, 2014
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014