19 Iraqis Killed, 52 Wounded in Ongoing Bloodshed
Wednesday: 19 Iraqis Killed, 52 Wounded
The bloodshed continues unabated. At least 19 people were killed and 52 more were wounded in fresh attacks today. A Shi’ite holiday that culminates on Friday is likely to draw more violence as insurgents target helpless pilgrims.
In Baghdad, gunmen assassinated two police officers and a parliament official in separate locations. A police officer was killed during a raid.
A bomb in Tal Afar killed three people and wounded two more.
Gunmen killed one civilian and wounded another in Baaj.
Six people were wounded in a bombing in Taji.
In Abu Saida, a bomb wounded three civilians.
An I.E.D. in Saqlawiya wounded two policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014
- Army Base Attacked; 106 Iraqis Killed, 79 Wounded – April 17th, 2014
- Anbar Gov’t Compound Targeted; 104 Killed, 95 Wounded Across Iraq – April 16th, 2014
- 55 Killed, 44 Wounded Across Iraq As Abu Ghraib Prison Is Shut Down – April 15th, 2014
- Militants Shut Down Iraq Dam Again; 57 Killed, 19 Wounded – April 14th, 2014