19 Iraqis Killed, 52 Wounded in Ongoing Bloodshed
Wednesday: 19 Iraqis Killed, 52 Wounded
The bloodshed continues unabated. At least 19 people were killed and 52 more were wounded in fresh attacks today. A Shi’ite holiday that culminates on Friday is likely to draw more violence as insurgents target helpless pilgrims.
In Baghdad, gunmen assassinated two police officers and a parliament official in separate locations. A police officer was killed during a raid.
A bomb in Tal Afar killed three people and wounded two more.
Gunmen killed one civilian and wounded another in Baaj.
Six people were wounded in a bombing in Taji.
In Abu Saida, a bomb wounded three civilians.
An I.E.D. in Saqlawiya wounded two policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Biden Visits Baghdad; 107 Killed in Iraq – April 28th, 2016
- Iraq Army Advances Towards Mosul; 311 Killed Across Country – April 27th, 2016
- 94 Killed Across Iraq; Tuz Khormato Still a Battle Zone – April 26th, 2016
- Clashes Continue in Tuz Khormato; 159 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2016
- 172 Killed in Iraq; Sectarian Tensions Explode in Tuz Khormatu – April 24th, 2016