19 Iraqis Killed, 52 Wounded in Ongoing Bloodshed
Wednesday: 19 Iraqis Killed, 52 Wounded
The bloodshed continues unabated. At least 19 people were killed and 52 more were wounded in fresh attacks today. A Shi’ite holiday that culminates on Friday is likely to draw more violence as insurgents target helpless pilgrims.
In Baghdad, gunmen assassinated two police officers and a parliament official in separate locations. A police officer was killed during a raid.
A bomb in Tal Afar killed three people and wounded two more.
Gunmen killed one civilian and wounded another in Baaj.
Six people were wounded in a bombing in Taji.
In Abu Saida, a bomb wounded three civilians.
An I.E.D. in Saqlawiya wounded two policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 164 Killed in Iraq; Bombers Strike near Shi’ite Shrine – July 24th, 2016
- 78 Killed in Iraq; Bombs Rattle Baghdad, Shirqat – July 23rd, 2016
- Sadr Militia to Fight in Mosul; 29 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2016
- More Exposure Deaths near Shirqat; 37 Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2016
- Death by Exposure for Children Fleeing ISIS; 29 Killed in Iraq – July 20th, 2016