19 Iraqis Killed, 52 Wounded in Ongoing Bloodshed
Wednesday: 19 Iraqis Killed, 52 Wounded
The bloodshed continues unabated. At least 19 people were killed and 52 more were wounded in fresh attacks today. A Shi’ite holiday that culminates on Friday is likely to draw more violence as insurgents target helpless pilgrims.
In Baghdad, gunmen assassinated two police officers and a parliament official in separate locations. A police officer was killed during a raid.
A bomb in Tal Afar killed three people and wounded two more.
Gunmen killed one civilian and wounded another in Baaj.
Six people were wounded in a bombing in Taji.
In Abu Saida, a bomb wounded three civilians.
An I.E.D. in Saqlawiya wounded two policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 4,800 Killed in Iraq During August – September 1st, 2014
- 95 Killed across Iraq As Security Forces Reach Turkmen Town – August 31st, 2014
- Fight for Turkmen Town Unfolding As 200 Are Killed across Iraq – August 30th, 2014
- 220 Killed, 130 Wounded Across Iraq – August 29th, 2014
- ISIS Releases Beheading Video As 161 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 28th, 2014