19 Iraqis Killed, 52 Wounded in Ongoing Bloodshed
Wednesday: 19 Iraqis Killed, 52 Wounded
The bloodshed continues unabated. At least 19 people were killed and 52 more were wounded in fresh attacks today. A Shi’ite holiday that culminates on Friday is likely to draw more violence as insurgents target helpless pilgrims.
In Baghdad, gunmen assassinated two police officers and a parliament official in separate locations. A police officer was killed during a raid.
A bomb in Tal Afar killed three people and wounded two more.
Gunmen killed one civilian and wounded another in Baaj.
Six people were wounded in a bombing in Taji.
In Abu Saida, a bomb wounded three civilians.
An I.E.D. in Saqlawiya wounded two policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Rattled by Blasts: 43 Killed Across Iraq – June 18th, 2013
- Bombings Return to Central Iraq; 23 Killed – June 17th, 2013
- Iraq’s Shi’ite South Targeted: 54 Killed, 174 Wounded – June 16th, 2013
- 23 Killed Across Iraq; Mortar Attack on Iranian Dissident Camp – June 15th, 2013
- Iraq: Sunni Governor Unhurt in Assassination Attempt, Two Others Killed – June 13th, 2013