Only three reports of violence came out of Iraq today, but at least three people were killed and 36 more were wounded in them. Most of the victims were Pakistani pilgrims who were in Iraq to visit holy shrines.
A bomb targeting Shi’ite pilgrims passing through Saqlawiya blasted their bus and wounded 24 Pakistani pilgrims. The group was on its way to the al-Askari shrine in Samarra. Three children who were wounded are in critical condition.
Three civilians were killed and four policemen were wounded in Ayyadiya when a grenade was tossed at a police checkpoint within a popular market.
Bombs blew up a house under construction in Tikrit, wounding eight people and damaging other buildings.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018