Only three reports of violence came out of Iraq today, but at least three people were killed and 36 more were wounded in them. Most of the victims were Pakistani pilgrims who were in Iraq to visit holy shrines.
A bomb targeting Shi’ite pilgrims passing through Saqlawiya blasted their bus and wounded 24 Pakistani pilgrims. The group was on its way to the al-Askari shrine in Samarra. Three children who were wounded are in critical condition.
Three civilians were killed and four policemen were wounded in Ayyadiya when a grenade was tossed at a police checkpoint within a popular market.
Bombs blew up a house under construction in Tikrit, wounding eight people and damaging other buildings.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018