Only three reports of violence came out of Iraq today, but at least three people were killed and 36 more were wounded in them. Most of the victims were Pakistani pilgrims who were in Iraq to visit holy shrines.
A bomb targeting Shi’ite pilgrims passing through Saqlawiya blasted their bus and wounded 24 Pakistani pilgrims. The group was on its way to the al-Askari shrine in Samarra. Three children who were wounded are in critical condition.
Three civilians were killed and four policemen were wounded in Ayyadiya when a grenade was tossed at a police checkpoint within a popular market.
Bombs blew up a house under construction in Tikrit, wounding eight people and damaging other buildings.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018