President Jalal Talabani posted on his website a plea for Iraqi’s leaders to end the political dispute that threatens to break apar the Coalition government, and perhaps Iraq itself. Tensions intensified in December when Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki issued an arrest warrant for Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi. Several political blocs have since called for the resignation of the premier.
Meanwhile, at least nine Iraqis were killed and 14 more were wounded.
A roadside bomb in Badush killed three soldiers.
A clash between gunmen and a Sahwa member’s entourage in Tarmiya left two gunmen dead and one bodyguard wounded.
In Baghdad, a brigadier general was assassinated.
A blast in Tal Afar killed a policeman and wounded two soldiers.
In Mosul, a blast wounded two soldiers.
A sticky bomb wounded an officer in Hawija.
Gunmen wounded two soldiers in Muqdadiya.
A young man was wounded in a roadside bomb blast in Jalawla.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018