The relative quiet of the last several days was broken decisively by several suicide and car bomb attacks around Iraq. At least 20 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded.
Three policemen were killed and three others were wounded, including a prisoner when a bomb targeting a prison transfer exploded in Badoush.
In Baghdad, three people were killed and nine more were wounded in Mansour after police shot at a suicide bomber; they bomber may have been targeting the Baghdad International Fair. A sticky bomb in Karrada attracted people to a second bomb; five were wounded.
A car bomb targeting police killed one policeman and wounded seven people, including civilians, in Ramadi.
In Iskandariya, a sticky bomb killed two people.
A body was dumped in an orchard near Baquba.
One electrical ministry employee was killed and two more were wounded in a roadside blast at a transfer station in Salah ad Din province.
Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki re-instated 4,000 Diyala policemen, who were sacked after they abandoned their posts due to threats.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018