The relative quiet of the last several days was broken decisively by several suicide and car bomb attacks around Iraq. At least 20 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded.
Three policemen were killed and three others were wounded, including a prisoner when a bomb targeting a prison transfer exploded in Badoush.
In Baghdad, three people were killed and nine more were wounded in Mansour after police shot at a suicide bomber; they bomber may have been targeting the Baghdad International Fair. A sticky bomb in Karrada attracted people to a second bomb; five were wounded.
A car bomb targeting police killed one policeman and wounded seven people, including civilians, in Ramadi.
In Iskandariya, a sticky bomb killed two people.
A body was dumped in an orchard near Baquba.
One electrical ministry employee was killed and two more were wounded in a roadside blast at a transfer station in Salah ad Din province.
Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki re-instated 4,000 Diyala policemen, who were sacked after they abandoned their posts due to threats.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Danish Troops Accused of Firing on Shi’ite Militia; 19 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2018
- Fresh Operations Against ISIS; 37 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2018
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018