Iraq: 20 Killed As Suicide Bombers Stage Several Attacks
Sunday: 20 Iraqis Killed, 35 Wounded
The relative quiet of the last several days was broken decisively by several suicide and car bomb attacks around Iraq. At least 20 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded.
Three policemen were killed and three others were wounded, including a prisoner when a bomb targeting a prison transfer exploded in Badoush.
In Baghdad, three people were killed and nine more were wounded in Mansour after police shot at a suicide bomber; they bomber may have been targeting the Baghdad International Fair. A sticky bomb in Karrada attracted people to a second bomb; five were wounded.
A car bomb targeting police killed one policeman and wounded seven people, including civilians, in Ramadi.
In Iskandariya, a sticky bomb killed two people.
A body was dumped in an orchard near Baquba.
One electrical ministry employee was killed and two more were wounded in a roadside blast at a transfer station in Salah ad Din province.
Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki re-instated 4,000 Diyala policemen, who were sacked after they abandoned their posts due to threats.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sixty Killed, 132 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Carnage – May 21st, 2013
- Monday Mayhem: 133 Killed, 283 Wounded in Iraq – May 20th, 2013
- Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives – May 19th, 2013
- Forty Killed Across Iraq; 13 Kidnapped in Anbar Province – May 18th, 2013
- Retaliation Against Sunnis Leave 90 Dead, 201 Wounded Across Iraq – May 17th, 2013