Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi’s trial was postponed for a second time as his lawyers continued to argue for a venue change. Now scheduled to start on Tuesday, the trial in absentia has been criticized as being politically motivated. Hashemi would like it moved from the Baghdad courts, which he views as manipulated by his political rival Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, to a neutral arena. Hashemi is now in Turkey. Maliki meanwhile criticized Turkey after Ankara refused to turn over Hashemi.
At least seven bodies were discovered while four Iraqis were also wounded.
Seven bodies were discovered in the Thar Thar region, a favorite dumping ground during the height of sectarian bloodshed. The men were blindfolded and handcuffed before being shot in the head.
Gunmen wounded a man in Buhriz.
A blast in Jurf al-Milla wounded a man.
Two policemen were wounded when a bomb exploded in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018