7 Dumped Bodies Found in Iraq
Thursday: 7 Iraqis Killed, 4 Wounded
Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi’s trial was postponed for a second time as his lawyers continued to argue for a venue change. Now scheduled to start on Tuesday, the trial in absentia has been criticized as being politically motivated. Hashemi would like it moved from the Baghdad courts, which he views as manipulated by his political rival Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, to a neutral arena. Hashemi is now in Turkey. Maliki meanwhile criticized Turkey after Ankara refused to turn over Hashemi.
At least seven bodies were discovered while four Iraqis were also wounded.
Seven bodies were discovered in the Thar Thar region, a favorite dumping ground during the height of sectarian bloodshed. The men were blindfolded and handcuffed before being shot in the head.
Gunmen wounded a man in Buhriz.
A blast in Jurf al-Milla wounded a man.
Two policemen were wounded when a bomb exploded in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Forty Killed Across Iraq; 13 Kidnapped in Anbar Province – May 18th, 2013
- Retaliation Against Sunnis Leave 90 Dead, 201 Wounded Across Iraq – May 17th, 2013
- Bombings Continue in Baghdad, Kirkuk; 40 Killed – May 16th, 2013
- Iraq Horror: 42 Killed, 141 Wounded – May 15th, 2013
- Baghdad Liquor Stores Targeted in Ongoing Attacks – May 14th, 2013