Iraq: Hashemi Trial Begins Thursday In Absentia
Monday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 30 Wounded
He fled to Kurdistan to avoid capture and is now in Turkey. Although Hashemi has said he would like to take part in a trial, he feels the judiciary in Baghdad is tainted by Maliki and could not provide a fair one. Interpol has been asked to arrest Hashemi.
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 30 more were wounded.
In Baghdad‘s Kamaliya district a woman and her three children were found stabbed to death; she was the wife of a health ministry employee. A blast killed two people and wounded five others in Karrada.
Seventeen people were wounded in a bombing in Mosul.
The body of a woman in her 60s was found dumped in an Iskandariya farming area.
A sticky bomb killed an army officer and wounded two soldiers in Latifiya.
Gunmen wounded a civilian near a Baquba cemetery.
A bomb exploded in front of a Tikrit policeman’s home, wounding him before the bomb squad arrived.
A kidnapped girl was liberated in Mahaweel. The kidnappers, who were arrested, are related to council member.
A bomb targeting a Muthanna province councilman exploded in Samawa but no injuries were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 71 Killed, 86 Wounded Across Iraq As Bombers Hit Baghdad Again – September 19th, 2014
- Bombers Strike near Baghdad Shrine; 195 Killed, 173 Wounded Across Iraq – September 18th, 2014
- 178 Killed, 95 Wounded in Numerous Attacks, Clashes Across Iraq – September 17th, 2014
- Shi’ite Militias Reject PM Ministry Picks; 67 Killed Across Iraq – September 16th, 2014
- As Diplomats Discuss Iraq, 86 Are Killed across Country – September 15th, 2014