He fled to Kurdistan to avoid capture and is now in Turkey. Although Hashemi has said he would like to take part in a trial, he feels the judiciary in Baghdad is tainted by Maliki and could not provide a fair one. Interpol has been asked to arrest Hashemi.
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 30 more were wounded.
In Baghdad‘s Kamaliya district a woman and her three children were found stabbed to death; she was the wife of a health ministry employee. A blast killed two people and wounded five others in Karrada.
Seventeen people were wounded in a bombing in Mosul.
The body of a woman in her 60s was found dumped in an Iskandariya farming area.
A sticky bomb killed an army officer and wounded two soldiers in Latifiya.
Gunmen wounded a civilian near a Baquba cemetery.
A bomb exploded in front of a Tikrit policeman’s home, wounding him before the bomb squad arrived.
A kidnapped girl was liberated in Mahaweel. The kidnappers, who were arrested, are related to council member.
A bomb targeting a Muthanna province councilman exploded in Samawa but no injuries were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018