Iraq: Hashemi Trial Begins Thursday In Absentia
Monday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 30 Wounded
He fled to Kurdistan to avoid capture and is now in Turkey. Although Hashemi has said he would like to take part in a trial, he feels the judiciary in Baghdad is tainted by Maliki and could not provide a fair one. Interpol has been asked to arrest Hashemi.
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 30 more were wounded.
In Baghdad‘s Kamaliya district a woman and her three children were found stabbed to death; she was the wife of a health ministry employee. A blast killed two people and wounded five others in Karrada.
Seventeen people were wounded in a bombing in Mosul.
The body of a woman in her 60s was found dumped in an Iskandariya farming area.
A sticky bomb killed an army officer and wounded two soldiers in Latifiya.
Gunmen wounded a civilian near a Baquba cemetery.
A bomb exploded in front of a Tikrit policeman’s home, wounding him before the bomb squad arrived.
A kidnapped girl was liberated in Mahaweel. The kidnappers, who were arrested, are related to council member.
A bomb targeting a Muthanna province councilman exploded in Samawa but no injuries were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 215 Killed in Iraq, Including Civilians Executed by Shi’ite Militiamen – January 26th, 2015
- Military Operations, Attacks Across Iraq Leave 692 Killed – January 25th, 2015
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 134 Killed across Iraq – January 24th, 2015
- 82 Killed in Iraq; Peshmerga Shell Central Mosul – January 23rd, 2015
- 118 Killed in Iraq, Tribal Fighters Threaten To Quit Battle in Anbar – January 22nd, 2015