Iraqi Children Killed in Attacks
Wednesday: 10 Iraqis Killed, 23 Wounded
At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 23 others were wounded in new violence. Four of the victims were children and, as often is the case, most of the attacks targeted security personnel.
One child was killed and 12 others were wounded in a series of bombing attacks in Baquba. The bombs were targeting the homes of security personnel. In a separate incident, one child was killed and two more were wounded when they mobile phone they found exploded.
In Mosul, police killed a gunman after he wounded two policemen at a checkpoint; four bystanders were also wounded. A soldier was killed in a roadside bombing. Another bomb killed one policeman and wounded another.
Gunmen killed a Sahwa leader and his wife during a home invasion in Abu Ghraib.
Two off-duty shoulders were killed during an attack in al-Shuri.
Gunmen killed a soldier and wounded three others at a checkpoint in Samarra.
A sticky bomb killed one person in Basra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 31 Killed in Iraq, Including 12 Slaughtered in a Baghdad Brothel – May 22nd, 2013
- Sixty Killed, 132 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Carnage – May 21st, 2013
- Monday Mayhem: 133 Killed, 283 Wounded in Iraq – May 20th, 2013
- Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives – May 19th, 2013
- Forty Killed Across Iraq; 13 Kidnapped in Anbar Province – May 18th, 2013