Iraq Violence Kills 7, Including Iranian Pilgrims
Friday: 4 Iraqis, 3 Iranians Killed; 14 Iraqis, 7 Iranians Wounded
Over the last two days, at least four Iraqis were killed and 14 more were wounded in poorly covered attacks. Three Iranian pilgrims were killed as well, along with seven more who were injured during one bombing in Samarra. Due to the Eid al-Adha observances, reports were scant this week.
Three Iranian pilgrims were killed and seven more Iranians were wounded during a bombing in Samarra.
Three blasts in Thira Djila left two dead and six wounded.
A man and his six-year-old son were injured in Jurf al-Sakhar when a roadside bomb exploded.
Gunmen killed a Sahwa member near his Muqdadiya home.
In I.E.D. wounded two Sahwa members in Dalli-Abbasi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Claims Progress in Falluja; 164 Killed Across Iraq – May 23rd, 2016
- Falluja Operation Begins; 219 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2016
- Protest Casualties Higher; 65 Killed, 506 Wounded in Iraq – May 21st, 2016
- 21 Killed, 124 Wounded in Iraq; Baghdad Protests Turn Deadly – May 20th, 2016
- 53 Killed in Iraq; Security Forces Draw Closer to Jordanian Border – May 19th, 2016