Iraq Violence Kills 7, Including Iranian Pilgrims
Friday: 4 Iraqis, 3 Iranians Killed; 14 Iraqis, 7 Iranians Wounded
Over the last two days, at least four Iraqis were killed and 14 more were wounded in poorly covered attacks. Three Iranian pilgrims were killed as well, along with seven more who were injured during one bombing in Samarra. Due to the Eid al-Adha observances, reports were scant this week.
Three Iranian pilgrims were killed and seven more Iranians were wounded during a bombing in Samarra.
Three blasts in Thira Djila left two dead and six wounded.
A man and his six-year-old son were injured in Jurf al-Sakhar when a roadside bomb exploded.
Gunmen killed a Sahwa member near his Muqdadiya home.
In I.E.D. wounded two Sahwa members in Dalli-Abbasi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 53 Killed, 106 Wounded As Noisy Celebrations Provide Cover for Iraq Attacks – March 5th, 2014
- Gunmen Attack Samarra Council; 42 Killed, 74 Wounded Across Iraq – March 4th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Continue: 97 Killed, 45 Wounded – March 3rd, 2014
- 131 Killed, 48 Wounded in Iraq, Including Scores of Militants – March 2nd, 2014
- Iraq Attacks Continue into March: 70 Killed, 50 Wounded – March 1st, 2014