At least five Iraqis were killed and seven more were wounded in new attacks. The most significant event took place near the Turkish border where Turkish forces shelled suspected Kurdish rebel targets.
Turkey resumed shelling suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets in Suleimaniya and Dohuk provinces. These are the first reports of such operations this month. The P.K.K. uses remote areas of northern Iraq for their base camps and sometimes enter Turkey to stage attacks. Meanwhile, a bomb in southeastern Turkey killed eight people and wounded three more. Separately, a second bomb wounded a soldier.
A bodyguard was killed in Tikrit when gunmen invaded a sheikh’s home.
A bomb in a car killed a man in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019