At least five Iraqis were killed and seven more were wounded in new attacks. The most significant event took place near the Turkish border where Turkish forces shelled suspected Kurdish rebel targets.
Turkey resumed shelling suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets in Suleimaniya and Dohuk provinces. These are the first reports of such operations this month. The P.K.K. uses remote areas of northern Iraq for their base camps and sometimes enter Turkey to stage attacks. Meanwhile, a bomb in southeastern Turkey killed eight people and wounded three more. Separately, a second bomb wounded a soldier.
A bodyguard was killed in Tikrit when gunmen invaded a sheikh’s home.
A bomb in a car killed a man in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies Found Under Rubble; 91 Killed in Iraq – February 22nd, 2018
- ISIS Attacks Truck Drivers at Border; 114 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2018
- U.S. Soldier Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2018
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018