At least five Iraqis were killed and seven more were wounded in new attacks. The most significant event took place near the Turkish border where Turkish forces shelled suspected Kurdish rebel targets.
Turkey resumed shelling suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets in Suleimaniya and Dohuk provinces. These are the first reports of such operations this month. The P.K.K. uses remote areas of northern Iraq for their base camps and sometimes enter Turkey to stage attacks. Meanwhile, a bomb in southeastern Turkey killed eight people and wounded three more. Separately, a second bomb wounded a soldier.
A bodyguard was killed in Tikrit when gunmen invaded a sheikh’s home.
A bomb in a car killed a man in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Many Casualties in Mosul Attacks; 151 Killed in Iraq – June 23rd, 2017
- Teenagers Blown-up by Old Landmine; 46 Killed in Iraq – June 22nd, 2017
- Great Mosque Destroyed in Mosul; 91 Killed in Iraq – June 21st, 2017
- Chemical Weapons Report in Mosul; 84 Killed in Iraq – June 20th, 2017
- 92 Killed in Iraq, Including French and Kurdish Journalists – June 19th, 2017