At least five Iraqis were killed and seven more were wounded in new attacks. The most significant event took place near the Turkish border where Turkish forces shelled suspected Kurdish rebel targets.
Turkey resumed shelling suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets in Suleimaniya and Dohuk provinces. These are the first reports of such operations this month. The P.K.K. uses remote areas of northern Iraq for their base camps and sometimes enter Turkey to stage attacks. Meanwhile, a bomb in southeastern Turkey killed eight people and wounded three more. Separately, a second bomb wounded a soldier.
A bodyguard was killed in Tikrit when gunmen invaded a sheikh’s home.
A bomb in a car killed a man in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017