Baghdad Blast Kills 7 Iraqis
Monday: 13 Iraqis Killed, 19 Wounded
Updated at 10:09 a.m EDT, Oct. 18, 2011
A bomb blast in the capital was one of six reported attacks in Iraq today. Overall at least 13 Iraqis were killed and 19 more were wounded in them. One attack targeted American personnel, but the number of casualties is unknown.
In Baghdad, a late-evening blast at a Karrada liquor store killed eight people and wounded 18 others.
Three people were killed and the barber was wounded in an attack on a Baquba barber shop.
Gunmen in Kirkuk killed a health aid worker and wounded a civilian. An American convoy was attacked with rocket-propelled grenades. One vehicle was damaged but the casualties, if any, were not yet reported.
Near Mosul, a tribal official was shot to death.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 60 Killed in Iraq, Including a U.S. Servicemember – April 29th, 2017
- Bomb Targets Baghdad Police Station; 221 Killed in Iraq – April 28th, 2017
- Fresh Civilian Airstrike Deaths; 151 Killed in Iraq – April 27th, 2017
- New Zealand and Australia Deploying More Troops; 134 Killed in Iraq – April 26th, 2017
- Turkish Friendly Fire Kills Kurdish Troops; 86 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2017