Updated at 10:09 a.m EDT, Oct. 18, 2011
A bomb blast in the capital was one of six reported attacks in Iraq today. Overall at least 13 Iraqis were killed and 19 more were wounded in them. One attack targeted American personnel, but the number of casualties is unknown.
In Baghdad, a late-evening blast at a Karrada liquor store killed eight people and wounded 18 others.
Three people were killed and the barber was wounded in an attack on a Baquba barber shop.
Gunmen in Kirkuk killed a health aid worker and wounded a civilian. An American convoy was attacked with rocket-propelled grenades. One vehicle was damaged but the casualties, if any, were not yet reported.
Near Mosul, a tribal official was shot to death.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018