Updated at 10:09 a.m EDT, Oct. 18, 2011
A bomb blast in the capital was one of six reported attacks in Iraq today. Overall at least 13 Iraqis were killed and 19 more were wounded in them. One attack targeted American personnel, but the number of casualties is unknown.
In Baghdad, a late-evening blast at a Karrada liquor store killed eight people and wounded 18 others.
Three people were killed and the barber was wounded in an attack on a Baquba barber shop.
Gunmen in Kirkuk killed a health aid worker and wounded a civilian. An American convoy was attacked with rocket-propelled grenades. One vehicle was damaged but the casualties, if any, were not yet reported.
Near Mosul, a tribal official was shot to death.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish Vote Celebration Turns Deadly; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2017
- ISIS Families Relocated Without Warning; 387 Killed in Iraq – September 17th, 2017
- Anbar Operations Begin; 38 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2017
- Anbar Operation Could Start Saturday; 129 Killed in Iraq – September 15th, 2017
- Bombers Strike in Shi’ite South; 111 Killed in Iraq – September 14th, 2017