Updated at 10:09 a.m EDT, Oct. 18, 2011
A bomb blast in the capital was one of six reported attacks in Iraq today. Overall at least 13 Iraqis were killed and 19 more were wounded in them. One attack targeted American personnel, but the number of casualties is unknown.
In Baghdad, a late-evening blast at a Karrada liquor store killed eight people and wounded 18 others.
Three people were killed and the barber was wounded in an attack on a Baquba barber shop.
Gunmen in Kirkuk killed a health aid worker and wounded a civilian. An American convoy was attacked with rocket-propelled grenades. One vehicle was damaged but the casualties, if any, were not yet reported.
Near Mosul, a tribal official was shot to death.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019