Updated at 9:12 p.m. EDT, Sept. 25, 2011
At least 34 Iraqis were killed and 124 more were wounded in the latest attacks, which include a major bombing in Karbala.
Four explosions in the holy city of Karbala killed about 22 people and wounded 106 others who were lined up outside a government identification office. A car bomb exploded first and then three more blasts targeted first responders. Al-Qaeda in Iraq was blamed for the attack.
In Khalidiya, a woman was killed and two children were injured when a bomb exploded near the home of a Sunni tribal chief. A second bomb was detonated when first responders arrived. That blast killed a policeman and wounded four others.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a government employee during a drive-by shooting in Hurriya. A sticky bomb wounded a bodyguard working for an ex-parliament speaker. A money-exchange operator was shot dead in Shabb. A roadside bomb wounded two people last night in Baladiyat. Three people were wounded in a hand grenade attack in Zaafariniya.
A roadside bomb blast killed two policemen and wounded three others in Ramadi.
Gunmen in Jalawla killed a woman who works as a secretary at a clinic.
A bloodied car belonged to two missing Yazidi men was discovered in Sinjar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- New Zealand Sends Fresh Troops; Five Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2018
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018