Updated at 9:12 p.m. EDT, Sept. 25, 2011
At least 34 Iraqis were killed and 124 more were wounded in the latest attacks, which include a major bombing in Karbala.
Four explosions in the holy city of Karbala killed about 22 people and wounded 106 others who were lined up outside a government identification office. A car bomb exploded first and then three more blasts targeted first responders. Al-Qaeda in Iraq was blamed for the attack.
In Khalidiya, a woman was killed and two children were injured when a bomb exploded near the home of a Sunni tribal chief. A second bomb was detonated when first responders arrived. That blast killed a policeman and wounded four others.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a government employee during a drive-by shooting in Hurriya. A sticky bomb wounded a bodyguard working for an ex-parliament speaker. A money-exchange operator was shot dead in Shabb. A roadside bomb wounded two people last night in Baladiyat. Three people were wounded in a hand grenade attack in Zaafariniya.
A roadside bomb blast killed two policemen and wounded three others in Ramadi.
Gunmen in Jalawla killed a woman who works as a secretary at a clinic.
A bloodied car belonged to two missing Yazidi men was discovered in Sinjar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Female Turkmen Politician Killed; 143 Killed in Iraq – May 29th, 2017
- Hostages Executed at Mosul Hospital; 176 Killed in Iraq – May 28th, 2017
- Iraq Repatriates 1980s War Dead to Iran; 58 Killed in Iraq – May 27th, 2017
- Witnesses Dispute Airstrike Report; 89 Killed in Iraq – May 26th, 2017
- Thousands Kidnapped for Use as Human Shields; 83 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2017