Updated at 9:12 p.m. EDT, Sept. 25, 2011
At least 34 Iraqis were killed and 124 more were wounded in the latest attacks, which include a major bombing in Karbala.
Four explosions in the holy city of Karbala killed about 22 people and wounded 106 others who were lined up outside a government identification office. A car bomb exploded first and then three more blasts targeted first responders. Al-Qaeda in Iraq was blamed for the attack.
In Khalidiya, a woman was killed and two children were injured when a bomb exploded near the home of a Sunni tribal chief. A second bomb was detonated when first responders arrived. That blast killed a policeman and wounded four others.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a government employee during a drive-by shooting in Hurriya. A sticky bomb wounded a bodyguard working for an ex-parliament speaker. A money-exchange operator was shot dead in Shabb. A roadside bomb wounded two people last night in Baladiyat. Three people were wounded in a hand grenade attack in Zaafariniya.
A roadside bomb blast killed two policemen and wounded three others in Ramadi.
Gunmen in Jalawla killed a woman who works as a secretary at a clinic.
A bloodied car belonged to two missing Yazidi men was discovered in Sinjar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Old ISIS Explosives Wound Children; 17 Killed in Iraq – January 19th, 2018
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018