At least 17 Iraqis were killed and 49 others were wounded in new attacks. Diyala province was the scene of an unusual amount of violence today, but Baghdad, Mosul and Ramadi were again suffered a significant amount of attacks.
In Ramadi, an evening blast targeting police killed six of them and wounded eight others, including two civilian bystanders. Two people were killed and another was wounded when gunmen attacked a car carrying the victims.
In Baghdad, a bomb placed near the home of a Dawa party official exploded and wounded six people, including two of the official’s sons. As many as six people were wounded during a bombing in Allawi. Gunmen in Yarmouk wounded a Sunni leader and his driver. In Mansour, a sticky bomb wounded a policeman.
In and around Baquba, one person was killed and seven others were wounded during a blast targeting Ramadan criers. A bomb near a medical center killed one person and wounded another. Gunmen killed a soldier. A bomb wounded a police officer and his bodyguard. A Sahwa member was killed during a shooting.
Four people were wounded in Khan Bani Saad when a bomb targeting a deputy police chief’s convoy exploded.
Two Sahwa fighters were wounded during an attack on their Hadid checkpoint. A bicycle bomb then exploded wounding four bystanders. Separately, a blast at a home where a family has just returned left four dead and three wounded.
Nine suspects were arrested in Iskandariya.
In Kut, 40 million Iraqi dinars were stolen from the home of a traffic officer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Attack Restaurant; 64 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2017
- Kurdish Vote Celebration Turns Deadly; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2017
- ISIS Families Relocated Without Warning; 387 Killed in Iraq – September 17th, 2017
- Anbar Operations Begin; 38 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2017
- Anbar Operation Could Start Saturday; 129 Killed in Iraq – September 15th, 2017