At least 11 Iraqis were killed and 34 more were wounded in the latest attacks. Deaths also occurred in Kurdish rebel-related attacks across the border in both Turkey and Iran.
In Baghdad, a blast killed three people and wounded nine more in Mansour; first responders had gathered at the site of a previous blast.
In Kirkuk, gunmen killed a doctor.
Seven people were wounded in Tarmiya when gunmen detonated explosives at their home.
A roadside bomb wounded four policemen in Muqdadiya.
The mayor of Wiza said that 60 families have been displaced by Iranian shelling.
An Iraqi official accused the US of carrying out intensified patrols in Diwaniya and arresting suspects without knowledge of the local government.
In Iran, six Revolutionary Guards were killed in a landmine explosion blamed on Kurdish rebels.
Turkish forces killed two Kurdish rebels in southeastern Turkey.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018