At least 17 Iraqis were killed and six more were wounded in Sunday’s attacks. Meanwhile, members of the Kurdistan Worker’s Party (PKK) are accused of killing a Turkish soldier and wounding two other people during an attack in eastern Turkey. Also, K.A.R. President Massoud Barzani warned Iran against shelling border areas. The attacks target Party For A Free Life In Kurdistan (PJAK) rebels who, like the PKK, hide in northern Iraq and share the same goal of an independent Kurdistan.
Gunmen killed five policemen manning a checkpoint in Rutba. The assailants also stole the policemen’s weapons.
Two policemen were killed in separate incidents in Haswa.
In Qayara, gunmen killed one policeman and wounded another.
A clash in Baquba left two gunmen dead and one policeman wounded.
A Sahwa member was killed in Jurf al-Sakhar when a sticky bomb left on his car exploded.
A homemade bomb wounded three in Muqdadiya.
In Duquq, two gunmen were killed as they tried to plant a bomb.
Twelve suspects were captured in Diyala province.
A booby-trapped car was found in Diwaniya before it could harm anyone.
A truck carrying rockets was discovered near Badra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018