At least 38 Iraqis were killed and 53 more were wounded in today’s violence. Mosul was the hardest hit. Meanwhile, relations between Iraq and one U.S. lawmaker have created some new tensions in the last day.
Iraq has asked that U.S. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher leave the country after he said that Iraq should partly repay the United States for money spent since the 2003 U.S.-led invasion. It is unclear when the representative made the request. Iraq strongly said it is under no obligation to compensate the United States. Iraq also banned Rohrabacher’s trip to Camp Ashraf. He responded to that by saying he would now demand a criminal probe into the deaths of Iranian dissidents there
Near Samarra, gunmen killed a Sahwa leader and his three brothers.
Three people were wounded during an attack in Baquba.
U.S. forces killed two civilians in Hashimiya while "dismantling" a roadside device by shooting rockets at it.
At least three policemen were injured during two blasts in Ramadi.
Baghdad Operations Command claimed to have not allowed weapons into Tahrir Square yesterday and such sticks as were used for weapons came from protest signs.
Security forces were able to liberate a kidnapped child in Hilla.
Bombs destroyed the partly built home of a Badr official in Salah ad Din province.
A suspected al-Qaeda emir was arrested in Latifiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018