At least eight Iraqis were killed and 20 more were wounded in light violence. Again, some attacks appeared to be targeted assassinations. Also, while Iraqi celebrated Press Freedom Day, 30 reporters demanded more security for journalists in Kurdistan.
In Baghdad, seven were wounded when bomb exploded near a police patrol. A bomb wounded four in Abu Dsheer. A municipal council member was shot dead and his son was wounded in Nafq al-Shorta. Members of the Communist Party held a rally in Firdous Square.
A Sahwa member was killed and his son was wounded in a blast in Abu Ghraib.
A bomb in Taji wounded four people.
In Baquba, a teacher was killed in a sticky bomb blast.
A bomb in Hadid wounded a child.
In Tarmiya, a bomb wounded two people.
A Kurdish intelligence officer was shot dead in Kirkuk.
In Mosul, a policeman was shot dead.
Seven suspects were arrested in Diyala province.
A policeman was arrested in Amara for killing his family.
The army detained a sheikh during a raid on his Amiriya home.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018
- Kurdish Brothers Killed in Turkish Airstrike Among Four Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2018