Light violence left eight dead and 14 wounded across the country. Meanwhile, the two main political parties in Iraqi Kurdistan are seeking resumed peace talks with opposition parties. The talks broke off when security forces entered Suleimaniya last week to put an end to demonstrations.
Two more people died in or from yesterday’s blasts in Kirkuk. A body was found northeast of the city. Six bombs were defused today, and a weapons cache was found. The UN’s Special Representative, Ad Melkert, said that council elections will soon be held in the province.
Three bodies were recovered in Falluja.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded four people in Mashtal. Five more were wounded in Karrada. A sticky bomb planted on a car belonging to Iraq’s theater director wounded two bodyguards. A blast wounded two in the south. A brigadier general was wounded in a shooting.
Gunmen attacked a Ramadi checkpoint. Police killed one and arrested the other.
A policeman was killed in a blast in Hammam al-Alil.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018