Monday: 5 Iraqis Killed, 23 Wounded
At least five Iraqis were killed and 23 more were wounded in the latest violence. Also, an official at the Human Rights Ministry said that over 14,000 Iraqis have gone missing since 2003.
Army forces surrounded al-Ahrar Square in Mosul this morning to prevent demonstrators from reaching it. Clashes broke out, wounding ten people. Security forces claim that they didn’t cause any injuries, but hospital sources reported some baton injuries among the wounded.
Seven suspects were captured in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 242 Killed in Iraq, Including U.S. Soldier – May 3rd, 2016
- Security Forces Cooperate and Free Bashir; 165 Killed in Iraq – May 2nd, 2016
- 4,609 Killed in Iraq During April – May 1st, 2016
- 80 Killed in Iraq; Bombers Strike in Baghdad – April 30th, 2016
- Suicide Attack on Forces in Anbar; 195 Killed in Iraq – April 29th, 2016