Monday: 5 Iraqis Killed, 23 Wounded
At least five Iraqis were killed and 23 more were wounded in the latest violence. Also, an official at the Human Rights Ministry said that over 14,000 Iraqis have gone missing since 2003.
Army forces surrounded al-Ahrar Square in Mosul this morning to prevent demonstrators from reaching it. Clashes broke out, wounding ten people. Security forces claim that they didn’t cause any injuries, but hospital sources reported some baton injuries among the wounded.
Seven suspects were captured in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 4,800 Killed in Iraq During August – September 1st, 2014
- 95 Killed across Iraq As Security Forces Reach Turkmen Town – August 31st, 2014
- Fight for Turkmen Town Unfolding As 200 Are Killed across Iraq – August 30th, 2014
- 220 Killed, 130 Wounded Across Iraq – August 29th, 2014
- ISIS Releases Beheading Video As 161 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 28th, 2014