Monday: 5 Iraqis Killed, 23 Wounded
At least five Iraqis were killed and 23 more were wounded in the latest violence. Also, an official at the Human Rights Ministry said that over 14,000 Iraqis have gone missing since 2003.
Army forces surrounded al-Ahrar Square in Mosul this morning to prevent demonstrators from reaching it. Clashes broke out, wounding ten people. Security forces claim that they didn’t cause any injuries, but hospital sources reported some baton injuries among the wounded.
Seven suspects were captured in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mosul Airport, Army Base Captured; 83 Killed in Iraq – February 23rd, 2017
- U.S. Forces Shot at in Mosul; 130 Killed in Iraq – February 22nd, 2017
- Civilians Flee Renewed Fighting in Mosul; 155 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2017
- Non-combat Death of U.S. Servicemember; 144 Others Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2017
- Early Advances in Mosul Operation; 151 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2017