Monday: 5 Iraqis Killed, 23 Wounded
At least five Iraqis were killed and 23 more were wounded in the latest violence. Also, an official at the Human Rights Ministry said that over 14,000 Iraqis have gone missing since 2003.
Army forces surrounded al-Ahrar Square in Mosul this morning to prevent demonstrators from reaching it. Clashes broke out, wounding ten people. Security forces claim that they didn’t cause any injuries, but hospital sources reported some baton injuries among the wounded.
Seven suspects were captured in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 55 Killed, 44 Wounded Across Iraq As Abu Ghraib Prison Is Shut Down – April 15th, 2014
- Militants Shut Down Iraq Dam Again; 57 Killed, 19 Wounded – April 14th, 2014
- Bombers Take Toll on Northern Iraq; 71 Killed, 82 Wounded – April 13th, 2014
- Bombers, Gunmen Leave 48 Dead, 43 Hurt Across Iraq – April 12th, 2014
- 54 Killed, 26 Wounded in Iraq As Militants Try to Kill Deputy PM – April 11th, 2014