Monday: 5 Iraqis Killed, 23 Wounded
At least five Iraqis were killed and 23 more were wounded in the latest violence. Also, an official at the Human Rights Ministry said that over 14,000 Iraqis have gone missing since 2003.
Army forces surrounded al-Ahrar Square in Mosul this morning to prevent demonstrators from reaching it. Clashes broke out, wounding ten people. Security forces claim that they didn’t cause any injuries, but hospital sources reported some baton injuries among the wounded.
Seven suspects were captured in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 274 Killed Across Iraq As Mosul Residents Defy ISIS – July 28th, 2014
- Bloody Sunday in Iraq: 374 Killed, 78 Wounded – July 27th, 2014
- Sunni Politican Mysteriously Detained; 312 Killed Across Iraq – July 26th, 2014
- Sistani Reiterates Plea For Maliki To Quit; 45 Killed Across Iraq – July 25th, 2014
- ISIS Blows Up Tombs in Mosul; 147 Killed Across Iraq – July 24th, 2014