Light violence left two Iraqis dead and 10 wounded. Meanwhile, protesters in Baghdad’s Tahrir Square called for Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki to step down.
A sniper in Khalis killed one solider and wounded another.
A young was shot to death in Kut.
In Ninewa, an Ansar al-Sunna emir was captured while trying to flee to Syria.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017