Light violence left two Iraqis dead and 10 wounded. Meanwhile, protesters in Baghdad’s Tahrir Square called for Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki to step down.
A sniper in Khalis killed one solider and wounded another.
A young was shot to death in Kut.
In Ninewa, an Ansar al-Sunna emir was captured while trying to flee to Syria.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018