At least two Iraqis were killed and 28 more were wounded in the latest attacks, but it was a massive sandstorm that killed or harmed even more people today.
One person was killed and 16 more wounded when a bomb exploded near a southern Kirkuk restaurant. A sticky bomb wounded a colonel. Three suspects were arrested and several explosives were located earlier in the day.
A blast on a highway in Khanaqin wounded four people, including a district director for Saidiya.
A man was killed inside his shop in Ramadi.
In Mosul, police accidentally wounded a civilian.
Three people were wounded in separate attacks in and around Baquba.
Iraq officials forcibly removed 17 Camp Ashraf patients — several of them critical, three of them women — from a Baquba hospital and returned to the camp.
A bomb factory was found in Falluja.
Members of the Sadrist bloc promised to protect Iraqi Christians as they would all others.
A Kurdish opposition party politician accused Asayesh forces of trying to assassinate him.
Also, a massive sandstorm has struck Iraq, causing breathing difficulties for hundreds and even the deaths of a few Iraqis. Among the cities reporting severe dust problems were Baghdad, Suleimaniya, Samarra, Kirkuk, and Karbala, as well as Wassit and Diyala provinces. The airport in Arbil was shut down, and Ninewa province prepared oxygen relief for victims.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Yazidis Found in Mass Grave; 100 Killed in Iraq – November 22nd, 2017
- Truck Bombing in Contested Town; 88 Killed in Iraq – November 21st, 2017
- Large Operation Against ISIS in Hawija; 30 Killed in Iraq – November 20th, 2017
- Mass Grave Found in Yazidi Town; 46 Killed in Iraq – November 19th, 2017
- Gunmen Attack Baghdad Checkpoint; 20 Killed in Iraq – November 18th, 2017