Wednesday: 2 Iraqis Killed, 28 Wounded
At least two Iraqis were killed and 28 more were wounded in the latest attacks, but it was a massive sandstorm that killed or harmed even more people today.
One person was killed and 16 more wounded when a bomb exploded near a southern Kirkuk restaurant. A sticky bomb wounded a colonel. Three suspects were arrested and several explosives were located earlier in the day.
A blast on a highway in Khanaqin wounded four people, including a district director for Saidiya.
A man was killed inside his shop in Ramadi.
In Mosul, police accidentally wounded a civilian.
Three people were wounded in separate attacks in and around Baquba.
Iraq officials forcibly removed 17 Camp Ashraf patients — several of them critical, three of them women — from a Baquba hospital and returned to the camp.
A bomb factory was found in Falluja.
Members of the Sadrist bloc promised to protect Iraqi Christians as they would all others.
A Kurdish opposition party politician accused Asayesh forces of trying to assassinate him.
Also, a massive sandstorm has struck Iraq, causing breathing difficulties for hundreds and even the deaths of a few Iraqis. Among the cities reporting severe dust problems were Baghdad, Suleimaniya, Samarra, Kirkuk, and Karbala, as well as Wassit and Diyala provinces. The airport in Arbil was shut down, and Ninewa province prepared oxygen relief for victims.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militias Return to Fighting; 142 Killed in Iraq – March 27th, 2015
- Militias Pushed Out of Tikrit Battle; 209 Killed in Iraq – March 26th, 2015
- 109 Killed across Iraq as U.S. Begins Airstrikes in Tikrit – March 25th, 2015
- U.S. Begins Flights over Tikrit, as 105 Are Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2015
- Bombs Shake Baghdad; 189 Killed in Iraq – March 23rd, 2015