At least five Iraqis were killed and 12 were wounded in light violence. Also, a U.S. soldier died in a non-hostile incident in northern Iraq.
In Baghdad, robbers killed a jeweler and his son at their store in Zaafaraniya. Nearby, a bomb killed one person and wounded two others. A bomb in Allawi wounded four people. Two civilians were wounded in a blast in Jihad.
One person was killed and two others were wounded in Falluja when a bomb exploded near a mosque.
Gunmen killed a policeman in Amel.
Two were wounded in a sticky bomb blast in Mahmoudiya.
A car belonging to a Kurdish journalist who is critical of the regional government’s rule exploded in Suleimaniya but harmed no one.
An I.E.D. targeting an Iraqi patrol in Kirkuk left no casualties.
A bomb blast targeting a U.S. patrol in Baghdadi village apparently left no casualties.
A detainee died at Badush prison. Officials blamed the death on a heart attack.
Six suspects were arrested at Camp Ashraf for their involvement in rioting this weekend.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018