At least five Iraqis were killed and 12 were wounded in light violence. Also, a U.S. soldier died in a non-hostile incident in northern Iraq.
In Baghdad, robbers killed a jeweler and his son at their store in Zaafaraniya. Nearby, a bomb killed one person and wounded two others. A bomb in Allawi wounded four people. Two civilians were wounded in a blast in Jihad.
One person was killed and two others were wounded in Falluja when a bomb exploded near a mosque.
Gunmen killed a policeman in Amel.
Two were wounded in a sticky bomb blast in Mahmoudiya.
A car belonging to a Kurdish journalist who is critical of the regional government’s rule exploded in Suleimaniya but harmed no one.
An I.E.D. targeting an Iraqi patrol in Kirkuk left no casualties.
A bomb blast targeting a U.S. patrol in Baghdadi village apparently left no casualties.
A detainee died at Badush prison. Officials blamed the death on a heart attack.
Six suspects were arrested at Camp Ashraf for their involvement in rioting this weekend.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018