At least seven Iraqis were killed and 16 others were wounded on a fairly quiet day. Meanwhile, the environment ministry said Iraq is home to a quarter of Iraq’s landmines, many of them dating to the 1960s. Karbala is just one area that is littered with them.
A bombing at a car dealership near the Syrian border in Baaj three dead and seven wounded.
A bombing in Amara left two wounded.
Three suspects were arrested in Baquba.
Two suspects were detained in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018