At least 18 Iraqis were killed and 15 more were wounded in a number of attacks that focused on Baghdad and nearby cities. Two U.S. soldiers were killed in a non-hostile incident as well. Meanwhile, Iran shelled parts of Iraqi Kurdistan but no casualties were reported there.
Gunmen in Yusufiya stormed the home of a college lecturer who had been killed two years ago. Today they killed six of his sons and wounded his wife and two daughters.
A bomb killed six Sahwa members in Jurf al-Sakhar, who were digging the bomb up in the belief it was a half-buried body.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded three people, including one civilian, in Mansour. Gunmen killed a Sahwa member in Doura. Also in Doura, a bomb killed a director general and his bodyguard and wounded three more; the director worked at the Interior Ministry. A bomb wounded a director general from the National Investment Commission and wounded his bodyguard also. A policeman was wounded in a shooting in the southwest
A roadside bomb near Kirkuk killed one soldier and wounded two more.
In Mosul, gunmen killed two policemen.
An E.F.P. targeting a U.S. patrol near Nasariya damaged a vehicle but left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018