At least four Iraqis were killed and 28 more were wounded in the latest violence. Two U.S. soldiers were killed as well, by indirect fire (mortar or rocket attack) in an unreported location yesterday. A third U.S. soldier was wounded in a blast in Najaf.
One woman was killed and six others were wounded when a Katyusha rocket feel in Mosul.
In Baghdad, a bomb in front of the Jihad home of an SIIC member left one bodyguard dead and three wounded.
A mortar attack in Kirkuk wounded two men last night.
Explosives were seized in Amara.
Twelve wanted suspects were captured along with a quantity of rockets and other explosives in Basra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018