At least four Iraqis were killed and 28 more were wounded in the latest violence. Two U.S. soldiers were killed as well, by indirect fire (mortar or rocket attack) in an unreported location yesterday. A third U.S. soldier was wounded in a blast in Najaf.
One woman was killed and six others were wounded when a Katyusha rocket feel in Mosul.
In Baghdad, a bomb in front of the Jihad home of an SIIC member left one bodyguard dead and three wounded.
A mortar attack in Kirkuk wounded two men last night.
Explosives were seized in Amara.
Twelve wanted suspects were captured along with a quantity of rockets and other explosives in Basra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018