At least five Iraqis were killed and nine were wounded in new attacks, while another 50 were injured during demonstrations in Iraqi Kurdistan.
About 50 people were injured during protests in Suleimaniya. A large number of the injured belonged to security forces. Demonstrations calling for reform within the Kurdish Autonomous government have occurred there for about six weeks.
Kurdish security forces have been accused of targeting members of an opposition party during clashes in Kalar.
In Baghdad, demonstration gathered in Tahrir Square.
A bomb targeted a U.S. patrol near Amara but left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018