At least five Iraqis were killed and 14 more were wounded in the latest violence. U.S. forces were involved in one incident that occurred when a bus driver couldn’t understand their commands.
In Baghdad, a Katyusha rocket landed in Karrada where it killed one person and wounded three others; other rockets landed in the Green Zone. A university student was wounded when a sticky bomb attached to his car exploded in Ghazaliya. Another sticky bomb was spotted on a car belonging to a B.O.C. member; it blew up a few minutes later without causing casualties.
Clashes in Kalar, near Suleimaniya, wounded five people.
The decapitated body of a 13-year-old boy was discovered in Baaj.
A Katyusha rocket destroyed a car in Diwaniya. One civilian was killed and two others were wounded.
A grenade tossed at a home in Abu Ghraib killed a policeman’s father.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017