At least five Iraqis were killed and 14 more were wounded in the latest violence. U.S. forces were involved in one incident that occurred when a bus driver couldn’t understand their commands.
In Baghdad, a Katyusha rocket landed in Karrada where it killed one person and wounded three others; other rockets landed in the Green Zone. A university student was wounded when a sticky bomb attached to his car exploded in Ghazaliya. Another sticky bomb was spotted on a car belonging to a B.O.C. member; it blew up a few minutes later without causing casualties.
Clashes in Kalar, near Suleimaniya, wounded five people.
The decapitated body of a 13-year-old boy was discovered in Baaj.
A Katyusha rocket destroyed a car in Diwaniya. One civilian was killed and two others were wounded.
A grenade tossed at a home in Abu Ghraib killed a policeman’s father.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018