Wednesday: 7 Iraqis Killed, 22 Wounded
With the country recovering from yesterday’s deadly bombing and hostage situation in Tikrit, Iraqis were faced with more violence but a significantly lower tally of casualties. At least seven Iraqis were killed and 22 others were wounded in new attacks.
Unidentified gunmen wearing military uniforms killed five brothers, one a policeman, during a home invasion in Abu Ghraib.
A bomb stuck to a bus in Baquba wounded two people when it exploded.
Three suspects were captured in Kut.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sixty Killed, 132 Wounded in Ongoing Iraq Carnage – May 21st, 2013
- Monday Mayhem: 133 Killed, 283 Wounded in Iraq – May 20th, 2013
- Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives – May 19th, 2013
- Forty Killed Across Iraq; 13 Kidnapped in Anbar Province – May 18th, 2013
- Retaliation Against Sunnis Leave 90 Dead, 201 Wounded Across Iraq – May 17th, 2013