Light violence left six Iraqis dead and seven more wounded. Besides them, one Pakistani man was wounded. Also five more people reported wounded in last Friday’s demonstrations.
A roadside bomb in Ameriya left one soldier and one policeman dead. Three other policemen were also wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded four people in Sadr City.
One person was killed during a blast in Bousief.
An explosively formed penetrator targeting a U.S. patrol in Nasariya wounded a Pakistani driver.
The Iraqi Turkmen Front demanded the withdrawal of Peshmerga fighters from Kirkuk.
The number of people wounded in last Friday’s demonstrations in Hawija grew by five to a total of 22 in the city and 51 in Kirkuk province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Funeral; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 16th, 2018
- Sadr Offices Bombed; 10 Killed in Iraq – May 15th, 2018