Light violence left six Iraqis dead and seven more wounded. Besides them, one Pakistani man was wounded. Also five more people reported wounded in last Friday’s demonstrations.
A roadside bomb in Ameriya left one soldier and one policeman dead. Three other policemen were also wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded four people in Sadr City.
One person was killed during a blast in Bousief.
An explosively formed penetrator targeting a U.S. patrol in Nasariya wounded a Pakistani driver.
The Iraqi Turkmen Front demanded the withdrawal of Peshmerga fighters from Kirkuk.
The number of people wounded in last Friday’s demonstrations in Hawija grew by five to a total of 22 in the city and 51 in Kirkuk province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Looting, Violence Continues in Captured Towns; 57 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2017
- Displaced Kurds Told Hometown Unsafe for Them to Return; 22 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2017
- Civilian Casualties in Battle at Kurdish Border; 67 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2017
- Security Forces Shoot Protesters in Kirkuk, Khanaqin; 18 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2017
- Peshmerga Casualty Figures Raised; 90 Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2017