Light violence left six Iraqis dead and seven more wounded. Besides them, one Pakistani man was wounded. Also five more people reported wounded in last Friday’s demonstrations.
A roadside bomb in Ameriya left one soldier and one policeman dead. Three other policemen were also wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded four people in Sadr City.
One person was killed during a blast in Bousief.
An explosively formed penetrator targeting a U.S. patrol in Nasariya wounded a Pakistani driver.
The Iraqi Turkmen Front demanded the withdrawal of Peshmerga fighters from Kirkuk.
The number of people wounded in last Friday’s demonstrations in Hawija grew by five to a total of 22 in the city and 51 in Kirkuk province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Civilians Still Trapped by Mosul Fighting; 56 Killed in Iraq – July 20th, 2017
- Civilians Returning to Mosul Find Booby-trapped Homes; 44 Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2017
- Mosul Rubble Begins to Give up Its Dead; 26 Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2017
- Soccer Official Among 67 Killed in Iraq – July 17th, 2017
- 1,000 Mosul Children Searching For Families; 44 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2017