Tuesday: 6 Iraqis Killed; 7 Iraqis, 1 Pakistani Wounded
Light violence left six Iraqis dead and seven more wounded. Besides them, one Pakistani man was wounded. Also five more people reported wounded in last Friday’s demonstrations.
A roadside bomb in Ameriya left one soldier and one policeman dead. Three other policemen were also wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded four people in Sadr City.
One person was killed during a blast in Bousief.
An explosively formed penetrator targeting a U.S. patrol in Nasariya wounded a Pakistani driver.
The Iraqi Turkmen Front demanded the withdrawal of Peshmerga fighters from Kirkuk.
The number of people wounded in last Friday’s demonstrations in Hawija grew by five to a total of 22 in the city and 51 in Kirkuk province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad: 50 Killed, 92 Wounded – July 19th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Leave Over A Hundred Dead – July 18th, 2014
- Over 100 Killed in Iraq As Peshmerga Clash with Militants – July 17th, 2014