Tuesday: 6 Iraqis Killed; 7 Iraqis, 1 Pakistani Wounded
Light violence left six Iraqis dead and seven more wounded. Besides them, one Pakistani man was wounded. Also five more people reported wounded in last Friday’s demonstrations.
A roadside bomb in Ameriya left one soldier and one policeman dead. Three other policemen were also wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded four people in Sadr City.
One person was killed during a blast in Bousief.
An explosively formed penetrator targeting a U.S. patrol in Nasariya wounded a Pakistani driver.
The Iraqi Turkmen Front demanded the withdrawal of Peshmerga fighters from Kirkuk.
The number of people wounded in last Friday’s demonstrations in Hawija grew by five to a total of 22 in the city and 51 in Kirkuk province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Rattled by Blasts: 43 Killed Across Iraq – June 18th, 2013
- Bombings Return to Central Iraq; 23 Killed – June 17th, 2013
- Iraq’s Shi’ite South Targeted: 54 Killed, 174 Wounded – June 16th, 2013
- 23 Killed Across Iraq; Mortar Attack on Iranian Dissident Camp – June 15th, 2013
- Iraq: Sunni Governor Unhurt in Assassination Attempt, Two Others Killed – June 13th, 2013