Sunday: 5 Iraqis Killed, 1 Wounded
Since Friday only five Iraqi deaths have been reported. Another person was wounded as well. Meanwhile, U.S. watchdog agency, the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction (SIGIR), warned that corruption and shortfalls in the Iraq security forces could undermine gains. Also, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said a controversial ruling that his critics say consolidates his power is "impossible to reverse" as it would call to question all Supreme Court rulings.
In Baghdad, a police lieutenant colonel was shot dead in the Mansour district, while, in Kadhimiya, a policeman was shot dead in his car. A soldier was killed during a small arms attack while driving his car in Amiriya. An Interior Ministry official was shot dead in Ateifiyah. Baghdad Operations Command discovered 63 rockets and defused four other explosives.
Gunmen killed a senior official of al-Abbara
In Sendiyah, gunmen wounded a civilian.
Suspected Islamic State of Iraq leader captured in Suwayra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 83 Killed As Peshmerga Ask Badr Brigades For Control of Iraq Town – November 24th, 2014
- Mass Grave Found Near Mosul; 314 Killed Across Iraq – November 23rd, 2014
- Iraq Attacks, Strikes Leave 203 Dead, 111 Wounded – November 22nd, 2014
- ISIS Attacks Ramadi; 168 Killed Across Iraq – November 21st, 2014
- Children Among the 118 Killed in Iraq – November 20th, 2014