Sunday: 5 Iraqis Killed, 1 Wounded
Since Friday only five Iraqi deaths have been reported. Another person was wounded as well. Meanwhile, U.S. watchdog agency, the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction (SIGIR), warned that corruption and shortfalls in the Iraq security forces could undermine gains. Also, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said a controversial ruling that his critics say consolidates his power is "impossible to reverse" as it would call to question all Supreme Court rulings.
In Baghdad, a police lieutenant colonel was shot dead in the Mansour district, while, in Kadhimiya, a policeman was shot dead in his car. A soldier was killed during a small arms attack while driving his car in Amiriya. An Interior Ministry official was shot dead in Ateifiyah. Baghdad Operations Command discovered 63 rockets and defused four other explosives.
Gunmen killed a senior official of al-Abbara
In Sendiyah, gunmen wounded a civilian.
Suspected Islamic State of Iraq leader captured in Suwayra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Execute Civilians in Mosul; 101 Killed Across Iraq – January 19th, 2017
- Operations Wrapping up in Eastern Mosul; 131 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2017
- Bodies Litter Tigris River in Mosul; 39 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2017
- Jonah’s Tomb Captured in Mosul; 50 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Checkpoints in Diyala Province; 184 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2017