Sunday: 5 Iraqis Killed, 1 Wounded
Since Friday only five Iraqi deaths have been reported. Another person was wounded as well. Meanwhile, U.S. watchdog agency, the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction (SIGIR), warned that corruption and shortfalls in the Iraq security forces could undermine gains. Also, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said a controversial ruling that his critics say consolidates his power is "impossible to reverse" as it would call to question all Supreme Court rulings.
In Baghdad, a police lieutenant colonel was shot dead in the Mansour district, while, in Kadhimiya, a policeman was shot dead in his car. A soldier was killed during a small arms attack while driving his car in Amiriya. An Interior Ministry official was shot dead in Ateifiyah. Baghdad Operations Command discovered 63 rockets and defused four other explosives.
Gunmen killed a senior official of al-Abbara
In Sendiyah, gunmen wounded a civilian.
Suspected Islamic State of Iraq leader captured in Suwayra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Marine, 286 Others Killed Across Iraq – October 24th, 2014
- Another Town Falls to ISIS; 114 Killed Across Iraq – October 23rd, 2014
- Battles Rage Not Far from Baghdad; 282 Killed, 116 Wounded Across Iraq – October 22nd, 2014
- 58 Killed, 45 Wounded Across Iraq; Militiamen Boldly Operate Under Own Terms – October 21st, 2014
- Bombs and Battles Kill 243, Wound 139 Across Iraq – October 20th, 2014