At least four Iraqis were killed and seven more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, Iraqis need between two and three million new homes built for them by 2016 but there has been little progress toward that goal. Nor has there been much development in the formation of a new government either, even though fears that Iraqiya leader Ayad Allawi will be completely shut out of negotiations are growing. Also, the wife of a man holding dual British-Iraqi citizenship and held in Iraq without charges for the last year has renewed her pleas for help in releasing the man.
In Baghdad, a bomb left near a liquor store wounded two civilians.
A sticky bomb killed an army officer and wounded his wife in Jalula.
A bomb was defused at a souk in the predominantly Christian town of Qarat Qosh.
Twenty-one policemen were arrested after a Special Groups leader escaped from a Nasariya jail.
Seven suspects were arrested in Mosul.
U.S. jets bombarded an area of Iskandariya without receiving Iraqi permission first.
About 25,000 security elements will be deployed to protect pilgrims during Ashuraa observances.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish Town Strikes Against Deteriorating Security; 24 Killed in Iraq – June 22nd, 2018
- Mass ISIS Grave Yields 167 Bodies; 19 Killed Recently in Iraq – June 20th, 2018
- ISIS Kidnappings Increase Significantly; 37 Killed in Iraq – June 19th, 2018
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018